Who said I need permission?

My eyes were closed as I was submerged in a peaceful slumber. Subconsciously, I could feel a warm breath tickling my ear. It was soft, like a billowing breeze. Then I felt something smooth grazing my ear and sweetly whispering, "Rise and shine sleepy Pearl." A masculine spicy and minty scent filled my nose and I smiled in satisfaction at its pleasantness.

        My eyes slowly opened, slowly accustoming to the brightness entering the car's window. I was now conscious and on my right, I could feel a presence very close to me. My drowsy face turned to the right to find a very handsome and heart-stopping face centimeters from mine. Raymond.

        Caught off guard, a shrill scream escaped my throat as I quickly grabbed my bag and exited the car. At the same time I heard another door shut and glanced up to meet Raymond's brown eyes.         "Ugh Raymond, you should stop invading a girl's personal space without her permission!"

        "Who said I need permission?" That cocky son of a biscuit. I simply huffed and turned my back to face the house. My eyes instantly went wide and my jaws dropped. Oh my.

        This wasn't a 'house' I was staring at. It was a mansion that resembled a dream home borrowed out of a glossy home decor magazine. It was three storeys high with large glass windows covering majority of the sleek building. Either side of the mansion was lined with extensive gardens teeming with tall trees and exotic flowers. It looked too serene, colorful and extraordinarily amazing.

        However, what really took my breath away was an exquisite granite fountain, which stood before the mansion. It was a large statue of a beautifully sculpted nude angel elegantly perched upon an islanded rock. The woman had her face pointed to the sky with her legs gracefully tilted to one side. Her mouth was agape from which a thin string of water jutted into the pool enveloping the rock she was seated on. The most striking feature was a pair of large, majestic wings that spread out from her back. The whole fountain was a breathtaking piece of art; every single detail was so skillfully carved making it look as real as ever.

        "Wow," I gasped, my mouth still wide open in awe of the masterpiece before me.

        "Beauty unexpressed, is dullness and no light. Lovely, isn't it?" Raymond's silky voice came from somewhere to my left. I peeked up at him to find his eyes fixated on the statuesque fountain with the ghost of a smile shadowing his lips. 

        "Yes."

        "I think I know who inspired the angel." His eyes met mine, delicious brown with sea blue. My eyebrows knitted together in confusion, trying to grasp the implication of his words. However, I was suddenly entranced by his charms and just stood there, lost in his dilating eyes. He suddenly squeezed his eyes shut and shook his head. I regained my cool and looked away. This is very, very wrong.

        The large oak door of the mansion was all of a sudden pulled open breaking us from the momentary spell. Mr Peter Winchester stood before the door clad in a cobalt blue button down shirt and black pants. His lips were stretched in a smile and his arms were opened on either side of him in a welcoming gesture.

        "After you." Raymond gestured me to walk ahead.

      I took the lead and climbed up the marble stairs to meet the rich owner of this mega jaw-dropping house. "I'm so glad you're here," his baritone voice said.

        I smiled back. "I just wish Anna was healthy enough to accompany me too." I really missed her already.

        "I'm sorry to hear about her condition," Mr. Winchester said with genuine sympathy. I nodded and looked down at the marble floor. The tears were threatening to blur my vision again.