First day.

Hi. Im Paige. Paige Amelia Winslow. I have blue eyes and bright red hair. Which is a shame because i would rather not stand out at school. But i do. And it sucks.

I don't try to be shy and quiet, but i am, its my nature. Today is the first day of 8th grade and i would like it to go as smoothly as possible. Like 6th and 7th. Average grades and no friends, just the way its supposed to be. I was wearing a thin white sweater, light blue skinny jeans, and white converse. Yes, all the light colors bring out my eyes and hair. I didn't know this until i looked into the mirror and shrieked in horror as my large blue pupils and fiery red hair clashed with my outfit. I was already going to be late, so i didn't get the chance to change, so i just layered on some mascara, brushed my hair, and grabbed my bag, waiting for my mother to get ready. My mother nor father nor brother look like me. My mother has jet black hair and hazel eyes, and my father has dark brown hair and large green eyes.

My brother has my mother's hair and my fathers eyes, he's in the 5th grade. I feel like an alien standing next to them looking nothing like them. I've had people ask if i was adopted before on several occasions, which was humiliating. My mother emerged from her room in a tan dress, with red roses around the collar, all bubbly and excited for my first day of 8th grade. "Oh Paigey your outfit really brings out your hair and eyes!!" She exclaimed "I know mom" i mumbled. "You look wonderful!!" She gushed "Thank you mom" i mumbled again.

My mother unlocked the car doors and i climed in the back seat. I dont like sitting in the front because its the only window in the car not tinted, and i dont want people to see me. "Paigey, sit in the front with meeee" my mother begged. "No thank you" i said plainly. "Paige Amelia sit next to your mother right now!" My mother ordered. I groaned and climed up onto the front seat and sat down huffing angrily. "You are going to have soooo much fun!" She clapped happily. The only reason i am happy is because i only have this year and then im out of that "hell hole" with old droning teachers and annoying 6th graders always scrambling and yelling in the halls, oh my freaking god. "I'm sure i will mom" i yawned. We stopped at a red light and i glance out the window and i did a double take. Kian Henderson was in the car next to me. I fangirled inside. He was driving with who i was guessing was his dad. They looked sooo much alike. Deep brown eyes and blonde hair and Kian was at least 6 feet tall. I shuddered a little. Kian was SO popular at my school. I know its so cliche to like the popular guy but i do. And i know he will never like me back, so yea. My mom then abrubtly rolls down my window and started waving her arms like a helicopter. Kians dad then rolls down his window and waves at my mother. "Hey Mrs. Winslow!" He grins toothily and Kian looks out the window at me. I slunk back in my chair and covered the side of my face with my hand. My mom recently got a job at a bank and supposedly Mr. Henderson works there too. I sighed as the light turned green.

My mother said goodbye Kian's father and we drove on to Madison Blvd. and pulled up into the parking lot of Madison middle school.

The bell rang signaling it was time for lunch. I bring a lunch box, number one because I dont trust school foods and processed foods, and number two I'm allergic to everything. Peanuts, dairy, melons, honey, the list just goes on. Lunch on the first day is very crucial. Who do I sit with? Should i eat on the picnic table outside where nobody goes? Just to be safe.... I will. I gently opened the double doors so I wouldn't draw attention to myself and briskly ran to the bench behind a big oak tree. I opened my lunch box to see what my mom had packed. A small thermos of apple juice, a ham sandwich, a pickle, an orange, and a bag of chips. It was up to my standers so i started to eat. I swear to god i am the most slowest eater on the planet. The bell rang and i haven't even ate half my sandwich. Ugh. I packed up my lunch box and ran/walked to my 4th period. Being my graceful self i tripped on my own shoe and stumbled into the person in front of me and we both went down. Oh jesus. "Oh i'm so sorry" Kian's voice rang through my ears. I stuttered "No I-well I-It w- was my faul-t!" I mentally punched myself in the face. He smiled at me but i looked away blushing. I almost cried to be honest. He held my arm and helped me up, handing me my lunch box. "Th-thank y-you" i sheepishly said. "No problem". He then joined with his "popular group" and walked to wherever he was to go. I shrieked a little too loudly and then caught myself. Oh my geez.

~Hey people of Wattpad this is my first ever story so I'm starting off small so my chapters will be short~

-kisses xoxo