one

"only three" 

but three turned into ten

"only fourteen" 

fourteen to twenty

"only twenty-two"

twenty-two to death

- Two Years Earlier - 

looking into the mirror, a dress with a white knitted sweater on top.

black flats with bows, and a zebra print bag over my shoulder, butterflies in my stomach.

"you ready?" my brother asks beside me

"yeah, im ready." 

i walk down the steps of my front porch, the heels of my shoes clicking behind me, making my way down the driveway. stopping 3 feet away from the road, being safe, watching the cars fly past me and my innocent life. i walk in circles with the time racing just like my heart. a new school, a new person.

the past was no longer with me.

a fresh new start. 

i step onto the big yellow bus that aproches my way, seeing all of the kids heads turn towards me, their eyes stare. eyeing me up and down, frozen. i make my way through the sea of kids. 

was something wrong with me? 

did i not look right?

i pick a seat at the back and rest my head on the seat infront of me.

i already want to leave.

as i step off the bus parked outside of my school i walk up the steps and reach for the sliver handles and pull with force so the big, black, heavy door opens as an entrance. i walk up the first flight of stairs on my right, i see a hallway full of sunlight, beautiful in a way. 

i found my first class and minute by aching minute the day ends. 

the same routine, every hour, every day, every week, for the next year. 

i was very distant from everybody, i didnt makes friends very well, being very shy. because of this i had my 'online friends'. i would sneek on my brothers game system to talk to people, and it didnt take a long time to find out teenage boys didnt want to talk to an 11 year old. 

eleven years olds

blonde hair 

blue eyes

just wanting to be normal

to fit in.