Zak's First Solo Project

      Zak stood before the foot of the bed, eyeing his work critically. He moved around it and straightened an out of place crinkle in the comfortable fabric, taking a few extra seconds to fluff the larger pillow.

      He moved to stand at the foot of the bed again, nodding to himself. Everything was perfect.

       Zak exited the room, confidence wafting from him as he passed the room's large centerpiece, and then the small table and adjacent mirror. The door, large and heavy, closed behind him with a loud click.

      Zak moved to the dining room that the small house offered, impatiently flipping through the beginner's manual, scanning through any and all matters of importance, such as infections of the flesh and the dangers of long term sedation.

      The 'door' sounded, alerting Zak of the long awaited company. In a flash of unrealistic speed, Zak was there, unlocking and yanking open the door, a large smile overtaking his face as his eyes sparked with delight.

      On the other side of the door were two formally dressed men, both dressed in suit-and-tie attire, their faces obscured slightly through means of dark sunglasses. The second man, broader and with thicker muscle, held a large bag-like a sack-over his shoulder, the cloth gripped tightly and unforgivingly with a single hand.

      "I trust that you're ready?" The first man, slimmer and with more definable features of slick black hair and slight stubble, asked rhetorically. Zak nodded, his eyes retaining their bright illumination, as he led the way towards the 'Guest' room.

      The second man held the bag open, the first reaching room and tossing its contents roughly onto the bed, revealing the battered form of a man, slim and slightly greasy, no name presented, included, or related to him to Zak's knowledge.

      "Thanks a ton, I got it from here." Zak told, swiftly moving forwards and pulling out the thick leather straps from the two metal poles, which were at the foot of the bed. On the side of the bed were loops of metal, metal cuffs attached to the chains that joint them to the loops.

      He secured these cuffs and straps to the man's wrists and ankles, pulling two more, far larger straps over his torso and pelvis, securing these with considerable comfort.

      The two men watched from the side, one man shooting a look to the large, ominous centerpiece, before returning his gaze to the transport.

      Zak turned towards them, nodding, and they saw themselves out. He returned his gaze towards the bruised face of the subject, reaching out and gently stroking his unwashed hair.

      "You are going to be glorious, my friend." Zak said quietly, a gentle smile pulling at his lips. "I can't wait to see how you'll turn out."

-

      Ba-Bump

      Patient #3191 awoke groggily, his good eye opening halfway whilst his shiner merely opened a sliver. He stared at the unassuming chiffon white ceiling, his wits slowly stirring from within him.

      He noticed the sound of a heart monitor, and that of an IV drip, which had been attached painlessly to his wrist during his absence of consciousness. He blinked, his dilated eyes returning to focus, and began to realize where he was, or more accurately, wasn't.

      His ceiling was the yellowed white of a poorly maintained apartment, and it reeked of the smoke of the former inhabitant. This ceiling, and this scent, was clean and almost homey, though there was a definite tidiness to the place, like a merge between a cottage and a patient's hospital room.