Kimi ga Inai (Yuichanzu)

3 years, 46 hours, 21 minutes and 19 seconds. That's how long we've been together. It may sound like a long time but honestly it's nowhere near enough. At least I think so.  I guess you don't feel the same. I really hoped that you did. If you did feel the same, we wouldn't be doing this right now. You tell me that you have to go somewhere far. You tell me it's for your dream. I want to be happy for you. Deep down I truly am but this is too sudden.  Why didn't you tell me earlier, so I could at least prepare myself. So that I could spend more time with you.

I'm not ready. I don't want to let you go. But you've already made your decision, and now i'm left with no choice but to accept it.  I've always admired the part of you that always pursued your dream, though I didn't think that it'd be the reason we'd split. 

We're sitting at the park where I first asked you out. Somehow it feels gloomier than that time. I'm trying to take a good look at you, almost as if I want you to be burned in my memory. You're talking while facing down, making you look smaller than usual. You look sad... why? I wanna hold you tight so badly but I guess I can't do that anymore, huh? 

Ah- I didn't expect you to look my way. This is our first eye contact today. I didn't notice earlier but, your eyes are puffy. Have you been crying? It's starting to look glassy. Don' t look at me like that, I won't be able to hold back my tears anymore. 

"I'm sorry" you say and proceeded to cup my cheek to wipe away my tear. I guess I hadn't notice that I've started crying. I'm really weak when it comes to you, don't you know that? 

I really love you.

"Do you still love me?" I ask you. You nod and give me that smile. That smile that I've always admired, although this time its faint but I can see the sadness in it. This time it's my turn to cup your cheek, I wipe away your tear and intensely stare at your beautiful eyes. I'm gonna miss you but I've decided to support you no matter what.

Even though we love each other, it's a different story from here on. I wonder if we won't see each other anymore. 

I gently held your hand with my free hand and I slowly lean in closer to you. I waited to see your reaction. I thought you would pull back but instead, you gently close your eyes. I softly locked my lips with yours. Sweet as always, though our tears made it a bit bitter.  

Is this the taste of farewell? 

You tell me that you have to go home and pack now. I still don't want to let you go. I'm crying harder and I can't breathe properly anymore. You stand up and walk, trying not to look back at me. I'm still here sitting, frozen in place looking at your tiny back but somehow you look really brave. I already miss your warmth beside me. I'm trying to muster up the will to speak once more.

"Zuu-" You cut me of and say "Please...Don't wait for me, You deserve someone else. Someone better whose gonna treat you right."

"Wait!" I try to catch you but you've already dashed to somewhere I can't reach. It's always been this way. I've always watched you grow from behind. I wanted to stand beside you one day but I guess you're too far to reach. You're the sun that continues to rise. 

I am me, and you are you. Even though I am here, you are not.