BLU PT. 4

❝ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʀʀᴀɴɢᴇᴅ ᴍᴀʀʀɪᴀɢᴇ ❞
—Chapter 4

It's already 19:34 when I woke up. I sat on my bed as I reminisced what happened earlier this morning. I shook my head and told myself it was just nothing.

Always remember, Blu. You have a girlfriend you love the most and, you'll do anything to stop this marriage just for her.

I took a deep breath and stood up. I went out of my room and walked my way to the kitchen but I found Alexis there, sitting gloomy and waiting for me...I guess?

"What are you still doing here?" I asked him coldly and drank a tall glass of water. I placed it on the sink and eyed the table. Dinner is served.

"I-i...I was waiting for.. y-you.." He looked down.

"Didn't I told you to go home?" I leaned my back on the counter top and put my hands in my pocket. "It's already late, you should be home by now."

"I know but–"

"Come on, I'll take you home." I walked to the cabinet and took my car key.

"But, Blu. If you would just listen–"

"Stand up or I'll leave you." I left him in there and went out of my condo. I rode an elevator and he luckily entered on time before it closes. We remained silent 'til we reach the car park and while we're on our way. We are heading on his house, I mean, their house.

"Blu, please talk to me." He was the one who broke the silence again. "I'm...I'm sorry if I provoked you. I just wasn't able to hold back earlier. It's my fault. I'm so sorry."

"Alex, I'm telling you this for the second time around. Do not do it again." I said firmly. He looked down and nodded. When we arrived at their house, I opened the door on his side for him.

"Blu, I've something to tell you." He looked directly into my eyes.

"Hm?" I leaned my back on my car with my hands on my pocket.

"If...if you think that I am not that manly enough, well, I'll prove you wrong." There's a glint of seriousness in his eyes. He stood straight and fixed his dress.

"What do you mean?" I calmly asked with my pokerface. I saw him smirked at me. Whoa, that's new.

"I am going to court you, Tyler Blu Martinia. Just wait and see." He smiled playfully and turned his back on me and went inside. I smirked as I shook my head and get in my car.

He's really gonna court me? Oh, I don't think so. What does he think of me? A girl? Good heavens.

* * *

Monday came and I already attended my morning classes. It's lunch time and I am now eating my lunch peacefully with Kevin.

"So, what's your plan about Alex, dude?" He asked me. I just shrugged and didn't answer him. "What if he's serious about that? You know him, dude. He'd really do it."

"I don't actually care, bro. We're getting married soon even if he'll court me or not." I saw him grinned. "What?"

"Have you already accepted the fact that you two are getting married?" His voice was full of curiousness. I smirked at him.

"That won't happen. I told you, I am gonna stop this bullshit. And mind you, I am straight, you idiot."

"That's why I was asking, what are you gonna do about Alex, courting you?" He said firmly, trying to point out what he means.

"I know, I know. I don't like the idea of me being courted because I'm supposed to be the one who's doing it. But what can I do? It's the grains who's coming near this fine chicken." He shooked his head and raised his hands in defeat after hearing what I've said.

"I would like to call the attention of everyone." That's coming from the speakers. Maybe there's an announcement or something. I was about to eat the last spoon of my food when another voice from the speakers spoke and it made me stop.

"Tyler Blu Martinia, if you're listening, this song is for you." It's Alexis.

"Whoa.." I heard Kevin. The students gathered around our table, making a big circle with us in the middle. What the-

"Do you remember when I said I'd always be there? Ever since we were ten, baby~" He started singing. I remained sitting on my seat, trying not to show the uneasiness I'm feeling. So, this is how he's gonna prove it? Pft. "When we were out on the playground playing pretend~"

Some giggles of the students can be heard. "I didn't know it back then. Now I realized you were the only one. It's never too late to show it. Grow old together have feelings we had before, back when we were so innocent~"

Minutes passed and the song is near to it's end, that's when the students around us lined up and made an aisle. "I'll pray for all your love, boy, love is so unreal. I just wanna reach and touch you, squeeze you. Somebody pinch me. This is something like a movie~" There I saw Alexis standing, holding a microphone and singing. He walked down the aisle that the students made and came near us. Kevin and I stood up.

"Alex-" He placed his finger on my lips to stop me from talking.

"And I don't know how this ends, boy. But I fell inlove with my bestfriend~" He smiled at me and whispered something to my ears. "I fell inlove with my bestfriend and it's you."

Screams from everyone here in the cafeteria can be heard. What an idiot. He whispered that to me with the microphone still near his mouth!

"Oops." He muttered. I grabbed his hands and dragged him out of the cafeteria. "What are we doing here?" He asked me. I roamed my eyes to our surroundings. We're in the field. "A-are you...are you mad?"

"No."

"Then, why'd you bring me here? Uwaa! I feel so nervous right now!" He threw a tantrum.

I patted his head. "I just want to personally tell you that it was a nice choice of song. I liked it." I turned my back on him and walked away.

"Aaaaahhhh!" I heard him screamed in delight. I shook my head, smiling unconciously.

My body is betraying me.