ch.3

I've never been one to be distracted by flights of fancy, So thinking about a boy is new to me. I dont like the feeling it gives me in my chest.

I got up from my spot on the sofa and walked out the backdoor onto the back porch.I had on a regular black tshirt and my flowy pajama shorts, not the most ideal clothing for the weather. The crisp night air bit into my skin as I raised a cheyenne strawberry cigar and set it between my lips. I ignited it and took a long deep inhale.

I let the smoke dance in my lungs, doing its damage before letting it escape. I crossed my arms over my body as I moved a pebble with my toe. I tucked my hair behind my ear while taking another drag.

When I was 9, this boy named kyle asked me out. I had never had a boyfriend before. I broke up with him aweek later because he never played with me at recess. Thats the only expirience I've had with boys.

I heard the door open behind me and I glanced over my shoulder to see andrew. " mind if I join you?" He asked me as he pulled out a cigarette from his pack.

I shook my head as I studied his cigarettes. Marlboro smooth 100s. Fittting for him." Is that a cigar?" He asked me and I turned to him." Yeah they are strawberry flavored, I like them more than regular cigarettes I guess" i explained as he took a drag.

" I have to be honest" he started,shifting his weight on his feet." You came at the perfect time, we were looking for a voice like yours for the album".

"Em, theres a song called in a week , it's a duet, and I think your voice is perfect for it and I was wondering if youd like to be the one to sing it with me" he questioned as I took a drag off my cigar and licked my lips to get the taste of the strawberry filter.

I hadnt noticed I was shivering until I felt it go down my spine. I dont know if it was the nerves or the chilly climate of ireland." Id be honored" I told him before I could even process my words.

A toothy grin spread across his face and i accepted his request. I got halfway done with my cigar when he finished his cigarette. " I'll light another one so you dont have to be out here alone" he said as he pulled out another cigarette.

I walked over and sat on the swinging bench and patted the area next to me. He strided over and sat down. A gust of wind sent the scent of his cologne and menthol smoke my way, intoxicating me.

I shook off the thoughts as I took another drag." So where in america are you from?" He asked in attempt to make small talk." New orleans" I told him." I've always wanted to go there, the music is just amazing, the food is incredible and everything from new orleans is just amazing I guess" he rambled.

My body got hot at his sly compliment." I'd say so" I agreed then chuckled. " why'd you move here if you dont mind me asking?" He inquired as I put out my cigar and put the but in the ashtray on the ledge of the porch." It's beautiful here, its a politically distressed climate but so is america so nothing im not unaware of, my roomate is an absolute amazing human being but you probably know that better than I do" i started to ramble.

I sat back down on the swinging bemch with andrew and brought my legs up. He rocked the bench back and forth with his long legs, my eyes fixed on the lighted pathway.

" I sure am glad you are here, eden" he admitted. I looked up and met his soft green eyes and smiled warmly at him." I am too" I told him. I got up from my spot and wandered down the steps, feeling the cold damp grass on the soles of my feet.

I turned back to andrew and smiled as i made my way down the path. I heard squeaky footsteps behind me as he followed behind me. He quickly caught up, as his legs are much longer that my own.