ch.6

" if you want, we could even share a room" I suggested as we ate breakfast with laura and alex." Andrew has a girlfriend" alex teased.

" so do you why are you giving me shit?" Andrew asked through a mouthful of french toast.

My heart caught on fire at him indirectly calling me his girlfriend." So you consider her your girlfriend?" Laura asked before I could say anything.

I knew my face was beat red by how hot I felt." Ehm well I yes" he stuttered and I smiled." I mean if she would like me to consider her my girlfriend I mean I'm not forcing her into anything" he mumbled.

" andrew" I said to shut him up." Yes" he said turning to me with merves written on his face." I'm your girlfriend" I told him.

"well I'm glad that was settled" alex joked. We continued to eat our breakfast in silence. I shared a glance at andrew and smiled at him.

We finished with our food and laura and i took care of the plates." Thank you for breakfast andy" I said and stood on my tiptoes to kiss him.

He put his hand on the small of my back and kissed me gently. The emotions he makes me feel are a brand new set from the ones I had before.

It's a new level of happiness. It's pure bliss. Drunkenly telling each other our life stories last night and getting to know each other so well will be burned into my brain for the rest of my life.

" care for a cigarette my dear andrew?" I asked as I picked up his pack from the livingroom table. I took one out and handed one to him.

We went outside and sat on the swinging bench."I requested I be your first everything" andrew told me as he lit his cigarette.

" I'd like to be your first and last" he finished and looked me in the eyes. I felt a hot tear slip out of my eye at his words registering in my brain. " I'd like that very much andrew" I whispered as he used his thumb to wipe away my tears.

I laid my head on his shoulder and we swung back and forth in silence. He placed his and on my thigh and rubbed his thumb back and forth.

" I enjoy you" I told andrew after moments of silence." Do you want to go pick up some stuff from your apartment today?" I asked him.

" of course" he told me." I'm gonna need a few boxes" he said."I still have mine in my closet".

My mind flashed through all the possible outcomes of mine and andrews life. Each and every one of them ending with us on this porch, grandchildren playing in the backyard, genuinely happy with what our lives where.

" andrew" laura yelled as she busted out the door." What" he yelled as she got up." Youre on the radio" she screamed excitedly. His eyes grew wide as he threw his cigarette butt and ran inside. I followed behind him and laura turned the radio on the surround sound up.

Andrews 'take me to church' was playing on the radio." Holy shit" he yelled. " andrew" I yelled excitedly as hw picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his torso, squeezing him as tight as I could.

"Im so proud of you" I whispered." Thats all I could ever ask for" he whispered to me and kissed my lips.

He let me down and we slow danced to take me to church and laura and alex did as well.

My heart swelled with happiness. My own hapiness and happiness for andrew. I'm so proud that his beautiful, meaningful song made it to the radio.

I know in my heart and soul that this is just the beginning for him." That was hoziers take me to church, such a soulful voice, such a beautiful song" the radio announcer said with a belfast accent.