Chapter 3

Monday. The dreaded day of the week. Even more horrible for me now that I have to face Samantha.

When I get to school, I go straight to my locker to get my books. I walk to English class and see Samantha glare at me. I sit in my usual spot, which happens to be right next to Samantha. "I'm sorry, that spot is taken." I look up and see it was Samantha who spoke. "But this is my usual spot!" I reply. "Well it's not anymore. It now belongs to someone much better then you." I can't help but look at her with my mouth wide open as I stumble to a spare seat just as class begins.

"Good morning class." Our teacher says loudly, "today we will be writing a essay on-"

"Sorry I'm late." Says a voice from the door. I turn and see that it's Ashleigh Rani, the most popular girl in our school. Samantha and I both hate her because she is never nice to the other girls. She flashes a sickly sweet smile and all the boys look up in awe.

She walks over to the spot where I usually sit. "Thanks for saving me a spot sammy." She flashes another smile at Samantha. I look down at the the desk in front of me, my cheeks flushing with fury. "Anyway," the teacher continues with an annoyed tone. "We will be writing an essay on your favourite animal."

When school finishes I rush home and run into my room. I lock the door behind me, face-plant myself on my bed and scream. I hear a knock at the door. I groan. "Honey, are you alright?" My mum asks. "I'm fine mum, I just need some time alone." Ok, I'll leave you alone." I hear my mum walk away.

Ding!

I pull my phone out of my pocket and check the text. It's from Samantha. It says:

Meet me in the park at 12pm.

That's odd. She has never done that before. I shut my phone and close my eyes.