Chapter 1

As I shuffled through the school corridor, my shoulder clashed with something hard. I looked up and saw my best friend Samantha peering down at me. She had always been taller then me. I smiled up at her, knowing that she wouldn't be mad. "Ow! What the hell, Abbey?! Watch where you're going! Don't be so annoying!" She turned and stormed down the hall.

What was that? Samantha has never been mad with me like that before. " Samantha, wait!" I called after her. I squeezed through the crowd in the corridor that was growing by the minute. "Samantha!" I called getting exasperated.

"What?" She turned around so abruptly that I slammed right into her. "Watch it!" She growled." " I'm sorry Samantha, I just want to know why you are acting like this!" "Acting like what?" She fired back. " I don't know, but your acting really weird!" I was practically screaming now. "Well, you know what Abbey? Maybe I just don't care about you! Your not the only thing in my life, you know!" She screeched that last bit. That not only hurt my ears but it also hurt my feelings. Wait? Did she just call me 'thing'?

"Then why are you my friend?" I said quietly. "I'm asking myself the same question!" She hissed. She turned on her heel and walked away.

I looked around and realised that we weren't alone. There was about 20 people staring at us with their mouths open wide. They must have all fallen silent when the fight started. I blushed. What have I done? What will I do?