Chapter 11

*Lauren's P.O.V*

Everything was going alright with me and Niall. We still hadn't told the fans about us and to be honest, we weren't intending to anytime soon. Sadly Derby hadn't won their promotion match so we were in the championship for another season. Niall had gone to Ireland for 2 weeks leaving me at home by myself.

***

*Ding-Dong*

The doorbell rung and I quickly paused the film I was watching to answer the door. I opened the door to all three of my brothers, my mum and dad.

"My god what are you guys doing here?" I questioned a little rudely.

"Well we have come to congratulate you!" My youngest brother, aged 16, Alfy said.

"What?" I was really confused. "Wait I'm being so rude. Come in. Come in"

My family followed me into my house and we all sat around the breakfast bar in my kitchen.

"Back to the point" smiled my 22 year old brother Adam. "My little baby sister is no longer single." He jumped up and hugged me. I then twigged what they were all on about.

"Oh. Yeah. How do you guys know?"

"Niall phoned us sweetie. Well he phoned your dad to ask permission to be your boyfriend." My mum explained. I turned to my dad who looked emotionless. Then he spoke "he seemed like a real nice guy over the phone and he came and visited us. When he left. I said to your mum 'That guy, is the one that will look after her. The others have been right pricks but he seems so decent and down to earth for a celebrity' " he smiled "I then took into consideration about him going away on tour. So I phoned him and he said it would be fine for you to go with him but then I remembered your job and all...for gods sake I'm so happy for you Lauren." I could see the tears brewing in his eyes. He was genuine about this.

Before I knew it, I was embraced in a family hug.

"Guys. Guys. I can't breathe. Guys please stop." I shouted.

"Wait we should stop. Niall can't come back to a dead girlfriend lets stop." My 18 year old brother max shouted. It was impossible to not love my family. They always cared about me and supported in everything I did. After an evening of catching up and laughing my family finally left to go back to their home.

'Peace and quiet at last' I smiled to myself.

That was when I got the phone call. The phone call that I had always dreaded but I knew that one day it would come. Today was that day.

***

"Good afternoon Miss Weeks. This is the club officials and we need to hold an emergency meeting tonight at pride park, in the conference room." The man spoke down the phone in a very dark tone. I trembled to speak back "o...ook. What time do you want me to arrive?"

"6:00pm. I will see you then." with that he hung up and I grabbed my things.

I quickly drove to the football ground dreading the worst. This couldn't be the end. No. Not yet. I have two years left on my contract at the club.

Calmly, I took the familiar route down to the conference room. I knocked and waited for answer. "Come in" I swallowed the lump in my throat and took a deep breath. As I opened the door, my phone began to ring. Quickly I hung up and walked into the conference room. Sitting there were 3 middle-aged men staring at me. Then I saw an all too familiar face smiling softly at me, it was the man who had got me the job in the first place. Steve McClaren.

"Lauren I hope you understand that what we are doing is for the best. As you are fully aware this season didn't work out for us. We are putting you at fault, as you are first team coach."

"What the actual fuck. You can't put Lauren to blame. She has worked her ass off, to get us in the top 10. We ended up 4th. How the hell can you say this season didn't work out" Steve shouted at the club officials. "Let me finish Steve. Over the past 3 years of you being with us we have had ups and downs. Every club does, but to be honest their downs aren't as bad as ours. With have come to the decision to sack you Lauren." My jaw dropped. "No-no. You are not sacking Lauren. Yes she is young, but she has more knowledge then any of you idiots." Steve yelled again.

"Shut up Steve. I totally understand your decision. Have any clubs had any interest in me, or do I have to find my own club?" I questioned.

"We are afraid that no clubs have asked for you. It's up to you know Lauren. This meeting is official over. Thank you for your time at the club Lauren. We will leave you to collect your stuff."

That was it. My career at Derby County FC was over. I had to leave the friends I had made and find somewhere new to go.

___________________________________

A/N: sorry this is short it's just a filler really