2// What he doesn't know

Description/ Alternate character development: AJ really, really doesn't trust much less like Louis. Or anyone else besides clem, for that matter.

MILD SIN WARNING.

=====================

"Now." Louis said quietly, fingers entwining with Clementine's as he bolted away from the hunting group, and she didn't miss a step nor struggle to keep up. It was quick enough, probably, to where the group hadn't immediately noticed their disappearance. They had kept a little bit of distance for that sole purpose.

Louis pulled her arm forward, dragging her behind a fairly large tree which fully concealed them. He pulled her closer, gentle hands resting on her waist, a sly grin overtaking his expression.

"Really? In the middle of the woods, separated from the group, hiding behind a crumbling, hundred-year-old tree? How romantic." Clementine's tone of voice was both sarcastic and unsurprised, but she was not at all complaining. It was necessary in order to keep their relationship strictly confidential. And that was no easy task with.. someone constantly watching them.

"Well, can't imagine what would happen if your boy AJ even saw me laying a hand on you. He'd probably rip my face off." Louis shrugged, rubbing his neck in frustration.

Clementine rolled her eyes. It was true— and sometimes rather annoying that they had to be so secretive. But AJ was dead serious on how he thought about Louis... and how nothing would ever change that. And Clementine didn't want to anger him with the fact that they were much closer than AJ could ever imagine. He was already devastated that Clementine was even friends with him.

"And, if he saw you kissing me?" She wrapped her arms around his neck, smirking.

He pressed Clementine's forehead against his own. He quickly had an answer, eyes staring deeply into her own. "He'd.. burn me alive and use my ashes as spice in the same old rabbit stew we eat everyday."

"Hm.." Clementine tapped her chin as if trying to confirm Louis's prediction. "Definitely only the type of gruesome thing you'd think up, but probably not too far off."

He grinned his stupidly adorable smile.
"You love it."

She did. Not to mention this scandalous level they took their relationship, she couldn't lie, actually made the whole ordeal even hotter. And Louis couldn't argue either.

It was comical, really, how Clementine and Louis desperately avoided AJ as if he was Clementine's disapproving father or something. In reality, he was only five years old and devastatingly overprotective.

Louis planted a soft kiss on her forehead, locking eyes with Clementine. "It's still worth it, though. Wandering throughout the woods alone at any chance, being boiled alive by a kid? If it means I can be with you, then so be it."

Clementine giggled. "You dork." He still made her heart flutter with his stupid, sarcastic flirting, and she couldn't stop herself from blushing.

"You love it." He repeated. His mouth suddenly moved down farther, and his breath cascaded down Clementine's neck, causing her to shiver involuntarily. He trailed kisses down her collarbone and smirked in victory as her lips parted in anticipation.

Clementine quickly covered her mouth with her hand, and muffled moans trailed throughout the air as he continued to pepper her body with soft kisses, and she groaned and ran her other hand through his hair. Frustrated with how much he was teasing her, she pulled his head back up, her lips meeting his and closing the gap between them.

Louis hummed throughout their kiss, gripping her hips tightly as her arms slowly wrapped around his neck. Their makeout quickly turned heated, Louis lifting Clementine up as she wrapped her legs around his waist in response. They switched sides, Louis pressing Clementine's back against the tree and causing her to gasp, earning entrance between her lips and into her mouth. Clementine groaned.

They parted only momentarily, gasping for air. Their eyes were locked deeply together as if in a trance. Louis leaned back in, but Clementine used the palm of her hand to push him away, only slightly throwing him off balance.
"Hey!" He pouted, clearly frustrated, "what was that for-"

The sound of leaves crushing nearby startled Louis. He created some space between him and and Clementine— setting her down and dusting himself off— just in time for the source of the noise to turn the corner of the tree.

"Clem!" AJ ran toward her, and Clementine knelt down to his height just in time to catch his hug. "I thought a walker got you!" He cried, squeezing her tightly.

"I'm okay, goofball. I'm okay." She hugged him back, sighing. Though her and Louis's moment was ruined, she cared deeply for AJ and felt bad that she had made him feel scared.

When they pulled apart, AJ gave Louis a very intense glare. The dark-skinned boy swallowed, intimidated even by the five-year-old.

"What's he doing here?" AJ crossed his arms, pouting, clearly angry that Clementine had even bothered talking to him. If only he knew that it was far worse than that.

Clementine scratched the back of her neck, desperately needing to make up a lie on the spot. "Louis.. helped me chase down a deer. It was huge, probably even a fully grown buck, and so fast that we didn't even have time to alert you guys. I was so determined to catch it, that I.. wasn't paying attention, and a walker almost got me. Louis saved me, though, and we ran back here to catch our breath." She hoped that lie was convincing enough to explain the two of them being alone together. However, he wasn't that stupid, not even with the tiny little mind of a five-year-old.

He crossed his little arms. "I know exactly what's happening here. You're trying to.. to.." AJ struggled to find the right words, pointing a accusing finger at Louis. "Get with.. what's the word, no, date Clementine! I won't let you get anywhere near her!"

Louis blushed a dark shade at the revelation. "W-what?" He tried to play it off, but his nervousness only skyrocketed when Violet and Aasim appeared form behind the tree aswell.

"What's going on here?" Aasim said, crossing his arms, a disapproving expression following suit. "We're supposed to be hunting, not messing around!" Violet shook her head, agreeing with Aasim.

AJ quickly came to a conclusion.

"Clem and Louis were flipping!"

===============

I love how these all start out fairly serious, lmao.