4/ I love you.

*This chapter contains SIN. As promised however, it's nothing too serious. You have been warned.*

I really shouldn't let my mind get the best of me in all these chapters, but who's complaining really?

Description: in the midst of their rendezvous, Clementine accidentally lets her feelings toward Louis slip.

==================

Clementine was fully aware that she had work to do.

Every Wednesday evening her responsibility was to scout out the area around the school, clearing out walkers and resetting the traps. And she'd been very good about it for the past couple of months she had taken up the job. Never missed a shift, was always twenty minutes early, out twenty minutes after.

So why was it that she was here, entangled with her boyfriend, in an abandoned room in the back of the school, when in fact she should be working? Oh, right— because he was annoyingly enough extremely persuasive. When he gave her that look, the stupid smirk of rebelliousness that made her knees go weak, it was an impossible task to say no...

Making out behind a crumbling old bookshelf in the library was the last thing Clementine had expected so be doing, but she wasn't necessarily complaining. Rather, she was annoyed that she had allowed herself to succumb to her boyfriend's devilish temptation so easily. Such a bad influence would no doubt get her into trouble pretty soon.

"I hate you for this," Clem muttered, arms wrapped around Louis's slender neck, staring deeply into his chocolate orbs. He dipped his face into the crevice of her neck, dropping soft kisses along her collarbone. Clementine covered her mouth with her hand, too stubborn to give him positive feedback. "You know, I should be patrolling," she let out a large breath, of half pleasure and half frustration.

Louis smirked against her skin.
"Well, I wasn't sent to a boarding school for troubled youth for nothing, Clem." He muttered, his deep chuckle sending vibrations along her collarbone that made her shiver.

She hated how she couldn't be mad at him if it killed her. But she'd never admit that to his face, ever.

"You're—" his lips found her neck, pressing softly against its tenderness, "So—"her arms wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer, "Stupid." Her breaths became heavy as his lips continued to tease the sensitive skin at the nape of her neck. Body pressed against body, they were caught up in a heated struggle for power.

The snide comment left him unaffected.
"I know you don't mean that." Louis sucked in a breath of her hair, which radiated a strawberry scent. It was intoxicating and never ceased to bring him back for more.

"I meant it," she countered, chuckling, "but.." she drew out her words as if she were speaking to a puppy, and pushed him off of her to get a good look at him. He gave her a frown of disapproval, obviously saddened by the sudden action. She chuckled, absolutely adoring that expression of frustration on him,
"I try my best to ignore it because I love you,"

The stupid grin he always wore was easily wiped off his face in only an instant upon these words leaving his girlfriend's lips. She hadn't even realized they had crossed her tongue, her heart intensifying as Louis's dark brown orbs bore into her own. She had never said them to his face before. They'd only been dating two months, after all, and.. regrettably enough, she thought that maybe she had said it too soon.

"You.. what?" Louis was stunned to say the least, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

Clem was silent, heart pounding viciously in her ears. Suddenly she felt nervous to say it again, now that he was putting her on the spot. They now sat criss-crossed from each other, knees touching. She stared at the ground, almost feeling ashamed at how this was the pathetic way she had confessed it.

Her fingers found his warm ones, intertwining and suddenly making her nervousness fade away. He was still speechless, his eyes flickering with confusion, no doubt wondering what he was supposed to say in response. She took a deep breath, eyes meeting his again.

"I... I love you."

Louis burned crimson at the clear reassurance in her words, his throat caught in speechlessness. It was true that the last place he'd expect to hear those words was in the middle of them bickering flirtatiously, but then again, the words had still sounded so.. natural. Like it was something they didn't even have to
communicate. And he could tell that she meant
it, what with how scarcely she allowed herself to become nervous in front of him.

Though it was a rather amusing sight to see her boyfriend's tongue caught up in a knot,  his reluctance to answer suddenly made Clementine fearful. She wondered if she had forced the pressure onto him to say it back. She'd recited it a thousand times in her head, and yet in the midst of their rendezvous she had forgotten that they weren't at that point yet. She no doubt felt unbearably guilty.

She began with an apology, "I'm so sorry, Louis. Y-you don't have to-"

Before she could say a word more, he tucked his fingers under her chin and tilted her face toward his, closing the gap between them. Caught off guard, Clementine's heartbeat was like a shockwave yet again, except this time not from anxiety and instead passion.

When their lips met it was more electric than ever, their doubts dissolving in the presence each other's comforting body heat. Her fingers curled into his dark brown dreadlocks, pulling him closer and showing him that she had truly meant what she had said.

Louis hummed throughout the kiss.  He disconnected from it from only a moment to speak, "Clementine—," She didn't want to hear his response out of pure fear and pulled him toward her again. Louis panted, gasping for air and giving in by meeting her lips again, struggling to pull away but still having so much that he wanted to say. She continued on like this, scared to hear his words before he finally put it to an end.

He finally pulled back from her, breathless by how possessive she had come off, and by now as he gazed at her tears enveloped the ends of her eyelids. Her heart stung with fear. Would this stupid slip up change things between them? She cursed herself for allowing the treacherous words to slip.

Memories of people she cared about turning their back on her, or simply being ripped out of her life began to take her over. She squeezed her eyes shut, the eerie images that were both irreversible and nightmarish beginning to cloud her heart once again. Though they had nothing to do with her and Louis, the thoughts took any chance they could to overtake her.

Louis frowned, scratching the back of his neck. He slowly and carefully wrapped his arms around Clementine, hoping he could show her that she had done nothing wrong. "Please don't cry." He sighed, feeling his heart grow heavy at the sight of her shining orbs. He'd scarcely seen her cry, knowing that her tears only came with bad memories from behind her eyes.

"I'm not crying," she denied, not wanting to admit to her glistening eyelids, but still accepted the hug anyway. His warm embrace was more than enough to calm her down.

"Hey, it's okay to not be a badass sometimes," Louis chuckled softly, not in a teasing but instead in that comforting way of his.

She scoffed at the remark, quickly wiping her tears away. Clementine pinched him, and he jumped at the sudden pain. "Ouch!" He shook his head, a smile stretching across his face a revealing the gap between his molars that she loved so much. She couldn't help but return it.

Regardless of the fact that he had lifted her spirits, guilt still surged through her.
"I'm sorry I had to.. ruin that." She looked down shamefully, and he only sighed.

He ran his finger across her cheek.
"You didn't ruin anything. In fact.." he pressed a soft kiss to her nose. Louis then proceeded to shift to her side, to where he could wrap a single arm around her. Leaning toward him she sighed, head resting on his shoulder.

"You know that I love you even more, Clementine."

====================

Thank you guys sm for 1k reads! Hopefully I'll get better with updating, but hope y'all enjoyed (: