Ghost pains

What

You know those weird times, 

where your arms start to twitch 

your leg hurts but you never moved?

Well as stupidly cliche as it sounds,

it's because of your 'Soul Mate'. 

I had never been a firm believer of that nonsense. 

I highly doubted that there was anyone out there who would willingly stand by my side without questioning why.

I highly doubted that there would be someone out there who was willing to listen to me rant about my 'problems', for someone to be there for me and to tell me everything was going to be okay.

Those were called friends, not Soul Mates. But I guess I'd never really had any good friends in the first place.

How did it happen?

How did my whole opinion get switched around? 

How did I become such a believer, when I had never had the chance to believe?

.

.

well, it was all in a flash.

~*~

why

I was never one to truly open up.

Sure I'd tell the odd secret here and there but I'd never tell someone my darkest secrets. I would never tell someone the things that bother me. And I'd never tell someone if I was in any form of pain or bother.

According to all the things they taught us at school, Soul Mates certainly did.

Soul Mates in a way, felt the pain of their Other.

An aching in their chest for emotions and a twitch on your arms and legs for physical pain.

The sad part was there was almost no way to know who exactly your Soul Mate would be.

But I soon discovered. 

.

.

though now I wish I hadn't.

~*~ 

how

One a day that started much alike to all in the past, I was walking home from work.

One may question why a 17 year old like I would spend more time at work then at school, but the people around me learned not to.

The last rays of the day were passing through my hair, the cold winds of the night soon to follow.

Suddenly an odd pinching kind of buzz settled into my arms, trailing to my legs, leaving a twitching feeling in it's wake.

My chest tightened as though an elastic had been slowly wound and twisted.

My heart raced and I felt skittish as if my life were on the line.

My throat closed itself off, like I was being chocked by an invisible being.

My lungs contracted and I couldn't breath. 

My lungs wouldn't listen to my brain. I tried desperately to fill them with air but they refused. Before I even realized I was jogging and soon, running in a full sprint. I never really knew where I was going but my legs carried me as if they were being pulled by a magnet.

I arrived at  my destination.

But I was too late.

A figure fell from the bridge.

My lips refused to let the shriek of horror pass.

They refused to let me stop what could have been stopped.

I must have been in to much shock.

My body a crippled onto the dirt path that lay next to the river, next to the bridge.

next to my soul mate.

~*~