Chapter 19

Chester POV
I smiled as Mike got on the bus. It's been about two weeks since I told him about Jaime. Things have been great lately. We're arguing less, spending more time together, the sex is hotter. I've also been making more money as of late. Life was good. I was pulled out of my thoughts when Mike handed me a wax pen.

"Where'd you get this?" I asked before I hit it.

"Rob gave me some guys number."

"Aww, I remember when you were a smol bean buying trash weed."

"I remember when you were on this dick."

"Me too. Good times," I said then hit the wax pen and started coughing. "Holy fuck."

"I know, right? It's lemon Walker OG."

"Ay, Rob. You gotta check this shit out." I passed it back to him and we pretty much had the same reaction.

"You got it off Chris, didn't you?" Rob asked.

"Yeah, fifteen a cart." Mike replied.

Seeing Mike go out and do his own thing in the hood was hot. We got off the bus and headed to our first hour. Mike and I were so fucking stoned the entire time. We sat in the back and discreetly hit the pen. Mike actually worked really hard while he was high. I didn't care all too much about school so, I get high to past the time. All I had to do was get a C to keep my uncle off my ass.

"Hey Mike, you want to know what's funny?" I chuckled.

"What?"

"You're really good at math." Mike look confused for a second then rolled his eyes at me and I started laughing.

"Seriously?" Mike said and I laughed more and nodded yes. "You're a twelve year old."

"You love me."

"Not the point."

"Love you too, Mike."

He shook his head and went back to doing his work. I smiled as I watched him do his work. After an eternity and a half first period ended. I kissed Mike and headed off to second period. I tried convincing Mike to let me take the wax pen, but he said I'd use it all. And he was right.

"Hey, Chester." Brad smiled as he sat down.

"Hi." I said. I was caught a little off guard by him talking to me.

"How have you been?"

"Good." I replied still uneasy. Brad is suppose to hate me, why is he talking to me? I threw his phone in the cafeteria for fucks sake.

"How's Mike?"

"He's fine."

"Do anything interesting lately?"

"Your best friend." I thought to myself and smiled.

"Not really, just hung out with Mike."

"Mike's great and all, but he can be so boring sometimes."

"I know right. He was doing his homework on a Saturday while I was dying of boredom on his couch." I enthused.

"I started making him come to my house to hang out so he'd be more open to do stuff."

"Mike used to take me places when we first got together, but now he's always just like come over. It's been forever since we went on an actual date."

"I was going to the lake this weekend."

"That sounds like so much fun."

"You can come if you want. I have two kayaks."

"Really? I'll force Mike to come along this time. He's not getting out of this one." Brad smiled politely, but I could tell that wasn't the answer he had hoped for. Soon enough the bell rang.