chapter 5

Pre-diognosis, I had a fantastic book, called An Imperial Affliction. I absolutely loved it. I thought that the author did an outstanding job on the book even though I hated that the book ended in the middle of the sentence, I mean I get that it is trying to be dramatic and making it seem like Anna was too sick to write or died, but I just hate it. When Hazel was diagnosed, and we all thought she was gonna die, I let her barrow my book, I told her that if she made it, that she should give me my book back. I thought that she was going to die, so I was going to get that book back, I mean it was my favorite book. Did she give it back, no. She still has it. Okay, well I am sorry for complaining, but I wanted you to understnd why I hate Hazel so much. There might be other reasons too, but I just can't right now.

BACK TO REALITY

The next day I get out of bed, put my prostetic on my left leg, put on light blue jeans, and a white ruffled strapless top and fut on my cheeta print vans. I put on my regular, little bit of makeup, eyeliner, maskare, and lipgloss. I brush through my curly dark brown hair and put a flower crown in. I walk down stairs and eat breakfast thenn I run to the bus stop with a sort of limpish run. I just barely catch the bus and off we go to school. I get my new car tomorrow, then I won't have to ride this stupid thing to school anymore. We pull in and I look for Augustus. He is absent today. I pull out my phone and text him. He says he is with Isac, who just got surgery to remove the rest of his cancer, but made him blind. I go on thruogh the day with no one to talk to. When I get home I walk over to Augustus' house and I go down to the basement where I hear Isac sobbing. I confort him and I talk to Augustus. I hear someone come into the house. Then I hear Hazel's voice. I get up to leave, but Augustus grabs my hand, cmon, he says, give her another chance. I agree and sit back down on the couch next to Gus. Hazel walks in and I find that she is wearing a dress. what for i wonder. I\Hi Hazel Gus says after a few moments of silence. Isac just stares at the screen. playing the video game. I ask her how she is doing, and she pretends like she didn't even see or hear me. So I say it lowder. So Hazel, how are you? Still, no reply. I stand up, but Gus gently guides me back into my seat. Hazel, he says. Katy asked you a question. I am doing fine she says in a monitone voice. She mutters "I would be better if she wasn't here" under her breathe, but I could still hear it. Are you in school Hazel. Gus tells me all about how she is a college student. I give Gus a hug and I tell him, that I have some things to do around the house. I don't have anything to do except for not beat up Hazel, because I don't want to pay for her hospital bill, or have to deal with Gus' constant lectures, so I just got out of the situation. I go home and watch T.V. until I am bored I go to sleep early and text Gus goodnight, and fall asleep with my phone in my hands.