Chapter 6

Avni - Because I didn't want your first gift to be your last one. ( painful voice ).

Both were in tears after her honest confession.

Avni - Neil, I know we weren't too close at that time, we don't share very close relationship at this moment as well but all I know that I didn't want to loose you. ( She started crying ).

Neil took her in a warm hug and patted her hairs so that she can calm down.

Avni - ( still hugging ) Everyone was telling me that I should believe that you won't return now as it's been 4 years but I didn't want to give up that easily. I wanted.....I wanted to prove them wrong, I wanted to make myself strong, strong for our relation, strong for you. I was having hope that you will come back. Atleast once in my lifetime, I would be able to see you. We would be able to relive our lives. With these hopes I kept myself strong in all these years. I was breaking inside but I was strong from outside or I would say that I was trying to be strong, I didn't want our family to suffer, I wanted to be their strength. I was scared Neil, I was scared.... I always thought about you, I always thought what if you have forgotten me, what if  you didn't consider me as your wife. These thoughts always kept haunting me. When I saw you after so many years, I was happy in fact I was the happiest. I am blessed that God gave us one more chance to relive our lives but I was really afraid about your reaction. I know this distance have increased awkwardness between us but I want to make this marriage work. I didn't knew about your opinion about the same but after yesterday's night, I was having a little hope that you also want to make this marriage work.

She breaks the hug and goes towards cupboard. She pulls out a box from it and comes back to Neil.

Avni opens the box and Neil's eyes welled up when he saw the same pendant that he wanted to gift her. He took the pendant and caressed it.

Neil - Why are you not wearing it ? ( teary eyes ).

Avni - In a hope, hope that you will come back and wrap it around my neck just  the way you wanted to do so. ( teary eyes ).

Neil burst into tears and kept his head in Avni's lap, Avni caressed his hairs while he was sobbing in her lap.

Neil - You know what Avni, I am very lucky person. I never knew that I will get the best life after 4 hellish years. It's like my rebirth. You have kept our relation alive in all these years when I wasn't with you. You have already cured my painful bruises with your affection. Whenever they used to torture me, I kept thinking about my family and whenever I used to think about them, your smiling face came  in front of my eyes. You were dolled up in bridal attire with your evergreen breath taking smile and believe me your smiling face always gave me strength to fight against my enemies. Your brave sight when I was leaving for the war always gave me hope that someday I will see you. I wanted a second chance from my life. A second chance to start my relation with you, a second chance for living a normal happy married life with you. A chance of being embraced in the  cocoon  of my family. When I finally got that chance, a fear engulfed me. Fear of losing you, fear of you being away from me but then I thought that you deserve happiness which I failed to give you so you deserve someone better than me who will fill your life with love and happiness but when I came to know that you are still waiting for me. I felt guilty, guilty for not being with you, happy for having you in my life even after intense separation, blessed to have a partner like you and hopeful  that one day we will find our ways back together. I was having so many dreams that I wanted to live  with you but now we can live our life according to us. Right ? ( hopeful eyes ).

Avni - ( caressing his hairs ) Of course Neil, we will live our life according to us. We will fill each other's life with immense happiness. We will fulfil each other's dreams. We will live a happy married life that you always wanted.

Neil gets up from her lap and cups her face. He joins his forehead against hers and both feel each other's presence while keeping their eyes closed.

Neil opens his eyes and places a soft kiss on her forehead. With  that she opens her eyes.

Neil removes her  nuptial chain gently  while she looks at him in confusion. He keeps her nuptial chain in his pocket.

Neil - We are going somewhere.

Avni - But where ?

Neil picks up his shirt from the couch and collects the car keys.

Avni - Neil ...

Neil - You trust me. Right Avni ?

Avni - More than myself.

Neil - Then come with me.

Avni nods.

They both sit in the car and Neil starts driving. The drive was silent. Soon they arrived at their destination. They both came out of the car, Avni was glancing the place in confusion while Neil was standing behind her.

Avni - Neil why are we here ?

Neil pushes her hairs at one side gently and wraps the star pendant around her neck, after that he covers her head with her saree's pallu. Neil holds her hand and they both climb the stairs, Avni was having so many questions in her brain. They both reached the temple and were in front of God's idol.

Avni - Neil why are we here ?

Neil - For starting our new life. A life where we will fulfil our responsibilities towards each other, where we will fill each other's life with happiness and love. I want to start our relation afresh Avni. I want to give you the life that you deserve. I want to grow old with you, I want to make all our dreams come true. I want to start our married life by making you mine once again. With the blessing of god, I want to marry you again. Will you give me this chance ?

Avni was overwhelmed with her man's gestures. He never fails to surprise her and today he have made her feel as if she's the only girl in this  world who can conquer his heart.

Avni - I would love to be Mrs. Avni Neil Khanna once again.

With that they both sat in front of the holy fire that connected them with each other four years back and now they wanted to renew their wedding vows. They both stand up for taking 7 auspicious rounds around the holy fire while holding each other's hands.

They were connecting with each other through 14 vows. 7 vows given to them by holy fire and 7 vows that they were making towards each other in their mind.

Neil - ( in mind ) I won't let you suffer anymore Avni.

Avni - ( in mind ) I will heal all your wounds Neil.

Neil - ( in mind ) I will fill your life with happiness Avni.

Avni - ( in mind ) I will help you in living your dreams Neil.

Neil -  ( in mind ) I will keep you safe and secured.

Avni - ( in mind ) I will always be your listening board.

Avni / Neil - ( in mind ) We will fill our bond with love.

With that, Neil made her wear nuptial chain and filled vermilion in her hairline. Thus making her his in every sense.

Neil - Are you ready to start our new wedding life wifey. ( smiles ).

Avni - I am Mr. Hubby. ( smiles ).

Both chuckled.

This marks the end of  sufferings and beginning of happiness in their lives.

( This book will complete within 1 or 2 chapters.)

( Do drop your views.)

Much love
Thanks ❤❤