the old world

Now you might be wondering why the almighty Kim descendants went from being treated as "royalty" into outcasts in their pack?

Let's start with the very beginning. "Bangtan" was originally just pack of 2 alpha brothers and their beloved sister. They ran away from their own pack when they were still teens.

The Kim's were threatened by the growing SMEnt pack, a neighboring pack consisting of 23 members. 6 alphas, 10 betas and 6 omegas and an elder alpha named Soo Man. The SMent pack were consistently pushing pack boundaries to their favor and causes Kim's head alpha, Kim Junsu started to worry.

Greatly outnumbered, with only 8 members which includes 3 alphas (2 of which is Jaejoong and Seunghyun), 2 betas and 2 omegas and unpresented Taeyeon. Most of their former packmates have married off and decided to join their mates' pack leaving them with a marginal decline on number of members.

When an omega (Dara) was assaulted by an a rather aggressive young alpha (Chanyeol) from SMent, Junsu decided to ask another neighboring pack YG  for assistance. but of course, ever the greedy man Yang HyunSuk agreed to help but not without a price.

First choice was for Kim Junsu to renounce his throne and merge the two packs. Meaning, HyunSuk will lead both packs. Junsu immediately dismissed this because what is a head alpha without his own pack? His pride and his wolf won't allow it.

Second choice was for Junsu to marry off his young, beautiful daughter, Kim Taeyeon to HyunSuk's chosen future head alpha,young and ambitious Kwon Jiyong. Junsu considers this as more plausible solution. He gets to keep his status and he assures a bright future for his daughter. He agrees to it without second thought.

When the brothers found out, both were furious and confronted their dad since Taeyeon hasn't even presented her secondary gender (alpha/beta/omega) yet, but their father was set on keeping his end of the deal with YG. He reasons that sacrifices must be made for the greater good.

That very night, Seunghyun, Jaejoong, Taeyeon and another omega named Dara (Jaejoong's girlfriend) ran away from Kim pack to build a small pack of their own.

Being a rogue was hard but this enhanced Seunghyun and Jaejoong's innate skills. Along the way they met rogues who decided to join them in their journey. The growing pack consists of young and old who either ran away from their packs or whose pack was killed off by during fights for land disputes.

When Jaejoong and Seunghyun were strong enough, they decided to challenge a head alpha of a rather small pack of 5 (an alpha, omega and their 3betas) for leadership and ownership of the territory. Seunghyun won and earned the respect of the original packs' members and former head alpha who decided to join them instead of leaving. The rogues then decided to finally settle down. Now the group consists of 11 alphas, 10 betas, 9 omegas.

Together, Seunghyun, Jaejoong and Taeyeon built a more stable pack. Seunghyun wanted for them to be able to fend for themselves so his focus was to train all of them (omegas included) for battle even to the point of him not finding his own mate. (Jaejoong: because Hyung is an old paranoid-warfreak who's in love with his furnitures and paintings! Seunghyun: *throws a log at Jaejoong*)

Jaejoong's focus was towards improving the packs education/studies and overall lifestyle. Having his mate (Dara) with him made him visualize a pack with young ones freely running around and able to blend in with humans instead of hunting wild animals and hiding in the forests. He dreams that one day wolves wouldn't have to hide. That one day, wolves can choose freely where they want to go and who they want to be.

Taeyeon however was a mystery to her fellow members. She still has yet to present at the age of 17 (the Kim's usually present at earlier age of 14) but she exemplifies characteristics of an alpha. She is confident. She leads people with ease. She's able to make people follow her without intimidating them. She is also very competent in hunting and her studies. Elders from neighboring packs say that Taeyeon is a fusion of her the brothers' skills. They were all very fond of her hence the title of "people's leader".