Chapter 1 - A Wish

I wonder why people throw pennies into ponds or rivers; I mean is it that they honestly believe in the superstitions? Or is it that they think it will ease the pain or brighten the future.

I'm also like that. I make wishes every birthday- blow out the candles on my cake; I shut my eyes and hope when an eyelash lands on my cheek. Deep down I know that wishes don't come true but there's always a shimmer of hope that one might be granted.

You can tell a lot about what someone wishes for- do they wish for their family to live? They're thoughtful. Do they wish for world peace? They want to be kind to the world. Do they wish for ever lasting money or good health? You would think they're selfish but I think they're just realistic. I mean they're still wishing which is just a shout into the unknown world- but at least they're being useful with their wish. It's a bit like life- you can spend it hoping for unreachable things or you can spend it doing useful things; in my opinion that's more selfless than wanting world peace.

Nobody tells their wish in fear it won't come true; but what does telling somebody do? Maybe it is that we are afraid that if we share our selfish wishes; everybody will think less of us. Except we're all the same.

A wish holds our greatest needs; people wish for what they are desperate of. A wish holds our greatest secrets- ones we do not share with others. A wish could mean anything; but it is so precious that it can be shared with no one.

So one bland Tuesday morning; I wished the hardest and that's when everything started to change.

A/N would anyone be interested in the next chapter? I wrote this today and am unsure of what to do next; so please tweet me @idkissy_ if you have any ideas. Thankyou:)