Chapter 7 : The Canyon

They packed up food, drinks, and a lot of clothes. They practically cleared their dressers and a couple refrigerators. " You got the items? " Jenny asked

" Yep. " Spike responded " there all right here in my bag. "

they got into Spikes car and took a highway as far as they could then started walking. The whole walk Zak stood a bit far behind so he wouldn't be so huddled up with Gia. He wasn't too far, just a few couple feet away. " What's first? " Gia asked and looked at Zak.

" I-its Th-the Canyon first. " Zak was so scared because she looked at him which wasn't new to him at all.

They walked for a good couple hours and stopped at a waterfall and sat down and took a break. Jenny sat by Zak while he was eating. It kind of freaked him out.

" It's hard isn't it? " Jenny said

Zak turned his head towards Jenny " what's hard? " He asked.

" Oh you know, " Jenny said " walking... " She looks up at Gia " around Gia. "

Zak looked at Jenny, and then Gia " what do you mean. "

Jenny looks at him all seriously " DUHHHH!! " She said " you got a crush on her. " She half whispered. Zak hoped no one heard her, especially Gia.

Zak was embarrassed
" yeah fine. " he says " you're right. I like her. " he whispers into Jenny's ears " please don't tell her. "

" Oh she knows. " Jenny said quiet enough just for them two to hear. " She just tries to not hurt your feelings and she doesn't know how to so she just stays normal. " Jenny looks at Zak " and not studder. You should try it. "

" How would she hurt my feelings? " Zak asked

" She likes you too. " Jenny Said " And she is not the romantic type so she can't really say anything not bad either, so she just smiles. " Jenny looks out at the objects surrounding them. One tree in peticullar looked like a DNA strip. It had two trunks swerving back and forth untill the leaves grew. " Which direction do we need to go in? "

" Uh... " Zak checked the map " North? " He looked at his compass and without looking up pointed at Gia who was facing north.

" We should get going. " Alex said while putting his stuff away. They started to walk and Jenny stayed close to Zak so she could ask many questions involving him and Gia. She was very quiet about it so no one would hear so Zak trusted her.

Zak didn't even realize Gia was walking on the other side of him. Good thing she wasn't listening to Zak and Jenny talk.

They reached the canyon and there was a rickety bridge going across the two hundred foot canyon. They saw the stone coming out of the ground with a message carved on a flat Rock plate. You couldn't really see what it said because a piece of paper was taped to it saying " put one item on the stone as you please "

Spike hesitated for a second but he put an object on the stone. It was the rabbits foot. The rabbits foot slowly falls into the stone as if the stone was weight sensored plate or something. Then while it's going down the ground shook as if something else was coming up somewhere else. They couldn't see what was happening because dirt flung up from the ground and getting in their eyes.

Once the ground stopped shaking, the rabbits foot was gone, and the dirt was out of their eyes, they walked closer to the bridge. Only slowly. They we're about to reach the bridge and a tiny rabbit jumps up right in front of the bridge. " Oh deary. " It said. " People. " She hopped on Spikes bag " could I Have some food before you cross? " She looked at Spike and pointed at the bag.

" Uh this is only enough food to get us to where we need to go and back. " Spike said " but you could have some money to get yourself some food. " He showed her about ten dollars.

" What's a bunny got to do with money? " She said " pets or wild animals aren't allowed in restaurants, grocery stores, or hotels. " She makes a pouty face. She hopped down and stands close to the bridge.

" Well we are in a hurry to cross this bridge so we can't really help you right now. " Spike told the little bunny.

" Oh well you can stay for a tiny bit. " She starts kicking the posts behind her untill the bridge falls.

" No! " Spike shouts.

" Oh did you need that? " She began to act snooty.

" Yes. Actually. " Spike said.

" well let me get it for you. " She still had a mad face on her. She was focused on all of them. The bridge starts to rise in the air. It was vertically up and down. Then the bridge started dismantling piece by piece. Then the boards were being snapped in half. The point boards pointed at them and paused. The boards flung right at them. All they could do was Dodge.

It seemed as if it never ended. " Hahahahah! " She slowly ran out of boards. The Boards stopped and she no longer smiled " uuooooww " She tried to kick them but got impaled. When she was on the ground they looked in the opposite direction the stick hit her. Alex stood there amused about what happened.

" What did you do? " Zak asked.

" I just thought about a sharpened stick and then leaves made one. " Alex said " I guess that sip didn't make it temporary, but permanent. " Everyone was shocked.

While they were all frozen, the Rabbits body slowly vanished into a blue sparkling light and flew away. It flew over the canyon and made a modern road bridge over the canyon.

They were halfway across the bridge and saw a man on the other side of the bridge picking something up. They tried to reach him but he also vanished into sparkles and flew away.

They reached the end of the bridge and looked at the map again. " Where to next? " Jenny asked.

" An old house in the desert." Zak responded while thinking about the things and people appearing and disappearing.