Chapter 10: Meeting the in-laws

Junaid: Or should I say, your daughter-in-law!

Jiyana: No, aunt. He's lying- Junaid, what the hell??

Mariam: Allah!! This is not happening!!

Junaid: Oh, yes it is!

As swift as he said it, he whipped out the marriage certificate from his pocket and flashed it in front of her horrified face. I thought she'll faint from seeing it but her jaw just dropped and I guess she was lost for words.

Jiyana: Aunt Mariam-

Junaid: Inside Jiyana!!!

He told me dragging me by the hand. I don't know what aunt Mariam will do now. She already didn't like me and Junaid made it worse!!!

"You still haven't told me why you brought me here!!" I scolded him in a whisper.

"You'll find out soon!! And do not even use that tone with me in a low pitched voice, it's even more damn annoying!!" He shoved my hand aside and I rolled my eyes. "Roll your eyes at me again, woman!!!!" What even?

"Ugh...you're not Christian Grey, go to hell!!"

"Already been there." He said and scampered off so fast going upstairs. What did that mean???

I see uncle Siddiqui entering the living room and I go to greet him. He's the total opposite of aunt Mariam. Seeing his warm smile warmed my heart again and I felt closer to Zeenat. Junaid didn't resemble uncle Siddiqui at all.

"Jiyana, dear. Good timing. I just got off the phone with Zee and she says she'll be here in a few minutes." Uncle Siddiqui says with a bright smile.

"Awesome! It's only been a month and it feels like ages I haven't seen her."

"Where'd Junaid go?"

"I do not know. Should I call him?"

"Sure. Mariam probably decided to stay outside forever-"

Mariam: This girl has to leave from here, Faizel!!

Uncle Siddiqui: But why? Zeenat is arriving soon.

Mariam: I don't care!! She'll get us disgraced!!! Junaid said that he's married her!!! Yes, he's married to this....this hindi girl!!! Allah, forgive my son for his sins!!! She'll take him to narg!! (Hell)

Apparently your son has already been there!!

Uncle Siddiqui looks at me confused and I don't know what to say. I wonder how he'll react to this. What if he also turns his back on me?

Uncle Siddiqui: Calm down, Mari!! Jiyana, is this true?

Jiyana: I- I think-

Junaid: It's true!!

Still confused. This family will drown me in their drama.

Mariam: If Zeenat at finds out...she'll disown you as her friend!

Zeenat: If I know what?

Zeenat and Sayed walks in with their luggage and Zeenat is confused and shocked.

Jiyana: Zee...

I run to her giving her a hug but she's still confused.

Mariam: Ask your friend what she's been doing behind your back!!

Zeenat: Someone please tell me what is going here?

Uncle Siddiqui: Your mother is making a fuss over Junaid and Jiyana's marriage.