Story 1

“If I could ask a million questions

That would leave me wanting more,

That’s why I let you do the talking,

Maybe that’s what talking’s for.

I do my best to learn to listen,

Since you have so much to say,

If I connect with your position,

I will learn so much that way."

- Million Questions by Urban Contact

-----

There are always two sides in a story, that’s what my wise friends say. One side shows the ‘right’ and other shows the ‘wrong’. It’s all up to the person-in-charge to decide what needs to be judged and shit.

Well, to me, there’s only one.

I’m never going to butt in someone’s business. I wouldn’t care what’s right or wrong. All I know is that I am going to team with who I am close with, even though they’re in the wrong light. I trust this womanly instinct of mine and follow the path on where my friend leads me. But, I have acquired a friend who makes me want to just strangle and kiss her when she’s near-to-dead.

Her name is Melanie.

Yeah, we are at the same age. We should be going through the same problems but, I guess, we’re just both too dramatic and life, therefore complicating it. We take turns in telling each other’s problems, but hers is too troublesome, resulting to the fact that I am desperately trying to cheer her up and help her in her problems. Honestly, it pisses me off when she says, “It’s okay. Be honest with me.” then a minute later, she’ll all be like, “Bitch, you hurt my pride.”

Anyways, let’s do all the mean confessions first. She fucking annoys me and treats me like I am her ‘best sister in the whole world’ in one second, then ‘you fucking backstabbing bitch’ in the next. I don’t understand how ‘special’ I am to her, but all I know she’s special to me, so I don’t give a fuck.

On the other hand, she can be really charming at times. You know, those friends that will stick to your back every single time. She lends me her ear when I need to tell her something. She knows when I really need her and I find that attractive, in the aspects of a friend.

But, I have wondered all my life on what exactly does she think of me.

“Hey, Lynne!” she shouts while slamming the door open. We’ve thought of living together since it’s the last year of high school we get to spend with one another. She’s really rich, so we had no problems in finding a really comfy one. My mom and dad got to work in interior designs, so it looks really spacious, even though it’s really not.

I poked my head out of my room. “What is it?”

“You left me at school,” she said, wearing a straight-panned face, “You just need to fucking leave me.”

“Well, I have some deadline and I rushed home to get things done and – “

“You promised me that we’ll both go to Shakey’s!” she cuts me off, suddenly making a part of me tinge in anger. I think I might be poppin’ if her mouth can’t shut.

“I’m sorry. You know that we’re both busy in things and I’m sorry I forgot to notify you and all,” I said, standing up from my bed to give her a hug. She reluctantly gave in and hugged me back.

“I just hate my feelings for you, Lynne,” she utters, hugging me tighter than before. I produced fake choking sounds, but she just delivered a huge ‘bitchslap’ on my face and it hurts. I guess I’m immune to that and just laughed to it. You might call me a masochist for this, but I like it when Melanie goes pushy and shy around me. I don’t necessarily know why.

I gave her a soft peck in the cheek and hugged her back. “I love you too, Melanie,” said I, making her giggle and we spent minutes bear-hugging one another. We did nothing but bond with one another, but we mostly played Uno. It wasn’t boring. Not at all.

The night came and we tucked in our double deck. She took the upper bunk because she likes feeling high and almighty, I guess. On the other hand, I took the bottom because it’s more spacious. “Good night, Lynne,” she utters as I hear rustling blankets on the top deck. I imagine her, wiggling inside her huge comforter. She kept on babbling about it since the morning, telling me its ‘pure softness’ as I laughed through it. I smiled at the memory and put my little hedgehog stuff toy by my side.

“Good night, Melanie. Sweet dreams.”