Round 1: Vecto vs. Reiji

In this fight scene, Vecto battles Reiji from Brooding Guy, Quite Girl by @TheBloodEdge.

(Update: Vecto defeated Reij to win the round. He will now face a child of Hades named Nixon by @ViktoriaRay. The stories will be released this Friday (Aug. 15). When the stories are released, please vote for her story in order for Vecto to make it to the finals.)

This fight was difficult to write because I wrote it in Reiji's point of view. First person isn't my favorite. I got a bit carried away, though, with the length, so I apologize for that. Admittedly, I haven't read TheBloodEdge's entire story, so I hope I get it right.

Let the tournament begin!

Yet another day of my crummy life. Why am I even going to Gekkoukan? I didn't sign up for frickin' drama school. Another day that I have to deal with those idiots. Life would be much better without them. Peace and quite. 

I stumble out of bed but don't trip. Good so far. Looking at my reflection in the window, I fix my hair and rub my head. How many bumps did I get yesterday? Whatever. 

Maybe today will be different. Maybe I'll save the day or something like those anime shows. Yeah, right. But wait, what if Alice is the damsel in distress . . . What am I thinking? Forget her. She probably thinks I'm a creep. SO WHAT if I accidentally touched her thighs? She took my hiding spot under the stairs. And I only ran into her 'cause she keeps getting in my way! 

I shake the thoughts away and walk out from my dorm room. Walking down the hall is Sayoko, the warden of dorm. 

"Reiji, would you like breakfast today?" She twirls her straight raven hair again. 

I ignore her and walk to class. 

Ah, my usual spot, in the back next to the window. The clouds are darker than usual, and the stupid birds are flocking away. Good riddance. They block my view, anyway. 

On key, Yukino slams her hand on my desk--yeah the desk with phrases that someone wrote on it like "Nobody likes you," "Arrogant prick," and "Just die already." 

"I will defeat you, Reiji! You'll--" 

I look at the obnoxious, green-haired student council president before she stopped her sentence midway through. Her expression was blank. In shock. Was there something on my face? Outside? I look over my shoulder to see what looked like a robot staring in through the window. I gotta be dreaming. A nine-feet-tall robot with floating body parts? And an orb in his chest? Besides, he can't even be standing from outside the third floor. 

Maybe I watched too much anime last night. Why couldn't the robot be female? Why does it always have to be male? Well it looks male--sort of--although robots don't have genders. What would it look like as a female, though? Would it have a bow and wider metal thighs? Why am I thinking of thighs? That stupid Alice. 

I shake my head to snap out of it to see the robot punch through the window. The glass shatters and slices through my cheek. I touch my cheek, but there's no blood. I should have wakened by now. 

Screams drown out my thoughts. My stupid classmates are wailing like children, ducking for safety. 

"You must be Reiji. I am your opponent: Vecto!" The robot's voice is cold but stern, not as monotone as I expected. He doesn't even have a mouth--just a deathly looking head. What is he talking about? Opponent for what? That's Yukino's line. Speaking of Yukino, she finally snaps out of it and throws a dictionary at the robot. 

"Reiji's mine!" 

I catch myself staring at her, um, milkshake. Yeah, she had one in her hand from breakfast--maybe some kind of protein shake. Why didn't I eat this morning, let alone last night?