Chapter IV: Convention Meeting

CEBU :

Annual Convention

Derrick is attentive listening to the speaker's topic .. when he's been asked on his experience,  running the business of his family.

Derrick:

Well as you see our business is running for more than twenty years  ..smoothly operating

even theres a lot of challenges, competitors ,and because we have the quality and assurance that our products and service is excellent we are on top.

Bianca raised her hand for some concern, So you are too proud of your accomplishments? Do you think that is the key for you to be called successful?  Quality? Products? Excellent Service? We also have that!

Derrick answered back, What's your point, ummm, Ms. -

Bianca Ferrer

Oh! yes!  Ms. Ferrer.

Well, I'm just pointing out that running a business should have goals not only what you said a while ago about quality of products because we have them also..Bianca explained.

Derrick feels irritated of the lady but still he realize that she now trying to challenge him, his capability, so he answered back,

Ms. Ferrer maybe you know also that in the business world, we have some key to success. We also have some secret formula and my point is we are not the same.

Bianca feel uncomfortable and irritated with the grand son of Don Mariano. She did make face, while Derrick give sarcastic smile.

Well, Mr. Mariano thank you for your sharing, your opinon,  Also Ms. Ferrer,  thank you for the participation. Let's now proceed with the next speaker, please. ,thats the host of the convention

The first day of convention ended. Participants proceed to their hotel rooms.

Derrick inside his room is still thinking of Bianca.

She is very pretty but tackless, so annoying...so that girl,  she is the grand daughter of Don Dionisio Ferrer and  I'm the grand son of Don Amado Mariano. Hmmm because of you I forgot to call my Leslie. I'll try. ...

Leslie answered her cellphone, Yes, honey? How's convention? You didn't call me this morning and why is that!? Are you too busy with your business? Or too busy with your girls!?

Derrick answered, No, honey! Of course not! You're my only one!

Oh! Honey, I miss you!

Miss you too, oh, wait, I need to attend to my other phone calls, call you later...honey ! Bye for now.

Alright! I love you!, Leslie replied but Derrick already ended the call. Derrick answered incoming calls, Yes? Hello?

.

.

Sweetheart! It's me! Gracie!

Oh! Gracie! My love! How are you?, Derrick replied.

.

.

.

Derrick slept late that night attending phone calls by her girls.

-

-

-

Meanwhile, Bianca's inside her hotel room feeling irritated and snob. Bianca is screaming, Grrrr! You're so proud, you grandson of Don Mariano! Hmpph! Even though he's kind of a hunk, I'll never have interest on him!

She sighed as she ended. She hates proud good-looking guys and she is really irritated.