Chapter 1. Doorstep Baby

Description-

One day Zane finds a small baby girl on his doorstep and goes straight to Aphmau, who makes him keep her. So now Zane's a single 'father' and he doesn't have a clue what to do.

Zane's POV

"Bye Zane!" Aphmau waved goodbye to me as I left her house and I waved back. I stuck my hands inside my jumper pockets and continued to walk back to my place. It was a Saturday which meant that I had no work today or tomorrow, it's not like I can keep a job anyway. The walk to my house didn't take long and I was there in ten minutes. I took out my keys and unlocked the door, quickly closing it behind me. I was almost always by myself in the house because I wasn't really a big fan of going outside, no it's more like I wasn't a big fan of the people outside. So most days I just sit on the sofa and binge watch My Little Horseys and that was exactly what I was going to do right now. I can't help it if I like a show so adorable, who cares if it's for kids? I grabbed the tv remote and turned the tv on. I continued to watch MLH for about three hours before I fell asleep.

(Time Skip)

I yawned and stretched as I sat up. I looked around and saw that I was lying on my couch and realised that I had fallen asleep. The tv was also still on so I turned it off and checked the time, it was one o'clock in the morning!! I was lucky that I didn't get a sore neck from laying on the sofa! I took of my jumper, leaving only my grey top, and threw it on the couch before grabbing a glass of water from the kitchen. I was definitely overheated and just needed to cool down a bit. I chugged my water and being to make my way to my room but just as I passed the front door to get to the stairs I heard something, a wired noise coming from outside. I went a little closer to the door and listened, someone was crying. No not crying, balling there eyes out. I hesitated before opening the door but when I did I gasped. There was a small baby lying on the cold floor in nothing but a nappy in the rain, I had no clue how long it had been out there. I quickly picked the baby up and ran upstairs with it, not caring that I didn't close my door. I ran into the bathroom and grabbed a towel before gently rapping it around the baby. After the kid was dry I took them into my room and placed them on my bed. I took a deep breath before moving the dipper, which was lucky clean, and checked weather they were a boy or a girl. The child happened to be a she. I quickly let go of the dipper and grabbed a box from under my bed. I opened it and pulled out a blue baby onesie, it was in perfect condition. It belonged to me as a baby and my mother decided to keep it before giving it to me to put in my memory box. I slowly put the onesie on her, trying to be careful as not to hurt her. She didn't look to bad in it.

I picked her up and held her gently as she lay on my chest (like the pic) before walking back downstairs and out my house, locking it behind me

I picked her up and held her gently as she lay on my chest (like the pic) before walking back downstairs and out my house, locking it behind me. The rain had stopped. I quickly walked to Aphmau's and I noticed that she had fallen asleep, I really need to think of a name for her. Wait what the hell am I thinking?! It's not my responsibility to name this thing! If I had my own car then I'd drop her of at the orphanage myself but I don't so I'm going to have to get Aphmau to take me. I knocked on her door and waited, again it was about half one in the morning so I'm not going to be to mad if she doesn't answer the door. Which she doesn't so I knock again. And again, and again and I kept knocking for a good five minutes before the door opened, but I've probably already froze to death seeing as I'm out here in the cold without my jumper! Luckily for me it was Aphmau and not someone else. "H..Huh? Zane? What are you doing here?! Don't you know how early it is?!" Aphmau asked as she placed her hands on her hips. "I really need your help right now, Aph." I told her and she sighed. She gestured for me to come in so I did and I think that this is when she noticed the baby. "Z..Zane, why do you have a b..baby in your arms?" Aph asked as she closed the door and turned to me. I sighed and looked down at the little girl, now I have to explain this little doorstep baby. "I fell asleep downstairs and when I woke up I heard something and opened my door and bam! There's a baby on my doorstep lying there in the rain. I dried her up and got it some clothes but I don't have a car so I can't drop it off at the orphanage so I need you to drop me off." I explained really fast. Aphmau looked surprised but then her expression changed, she looked a little angry. "How dare someone leave a baby in the rain!! How dare they abandon her! Zane your going to love this baby! Your going to become its daddy!" She told me with determination. "WHAT?! NOT HAPPENING!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs and this woke the small child that I forgot was in my arms. "WhaaaaaaaAaaaaaAaa! Aaaa! WhaAAAAAAAAWHAAAAAAA!" She balled. "Gah!" I began to freak out a bit. Aphmau quickly took her from me and tried to calm her down but it wasn't working. Aphmau tried rocking her a bit more but that only made her cry even louder. I took her from Aph and started to gently rock her. "Shhhh." I soothed her and to my surprise she calmed down. Her crying came to a stop and one of her little hands grabbed my t-shirt as she nuzzled into my chest. Phew! I didn't think that would work. "Wow Zane, I didn't know you were good with kid!" Aphmau quietly squealed. "I'm normally no-" "This just means that you'll make a better dad!" She stated, the determination returning to her eyes. I should have seen that coming. I sighed and shook my head. "Aph you know I won't make a good father so just give it up." I told her but she still looked determined. "For me Zane, please? Even just for a week! If you don't want to keep her after that then we'll go to the orphanage but please Zane!! Keep her, please!" Aph begged as she looked up at me with puppy dog eyes. I sighed and looked down at the little girl in my arms. She looked so peaceful sleeping, I think I'd actually feel guilty if I put her in a orphanage with nobody to love her. "If I'm keeping her then she's going to have to have a name, what should it be?" I asked and for the second time tonight Aphmau squealed. And apparently that was the last straw for someone upstairs. "APHMAU!! WILL YOU AND WHOEVER YOUR WITH BE QUITE, IM TRYING TO SLEEP!! OR GOD HELP ME ILL COME DOWN THERE AND KNOCK YOU OUT!!" I heard Katelyn yell and got worried that she might wake the baby. Aphmau ignored Katelyn and continued to think of good names. "Aphmau-senpai? What's going on?" A squeaky voice asked from the stairs, one that I recognised. "Kawii-Chan? Oh just trying to figure out a name fro Zane's new baby girl." Aphmau explained and I turned around to look at her. "Wha?! But h-" "I'll explain later! But in the meantime have you got any suggestions?" Aph cut her of. Kawii-Chan put her hand on her chin and began to think. "Sage." She suddenly said. "Sage?" I asked and she nodded her head. "Yeah. Kawii-Chan thinks that Sage is the perfect name for a girl." She explained as he tail wagged. "Sage." I muttered as I looked at the baby. "I like it." I told them and they quietly cheered. I think things are about to get a hell of a lot more interesting around here, for me anyway.