Chapter 2: Clocking In

This is an unedited first draft - and so, it is shit.

Hope you enjoy it anyway :D

Chapter 2:

 The past half an hour had passed in relative silence, I was slumped against the wall, and Pratt had been so statuesque I was afraid he may have frozen as well. Luckily the jerk had a nervous twitch in his hand that told me he was still conscious. I couldn’t hear any sound from the other side of the barricaded door either.

I sighed angrily at his back, and, as if sensing my gaze on him, he turned around slowly and looked at me expectantly.

“What?” His eyes were narrowed into dark slits, and his voice seemed to have this eternally pissed off tone to it. “You’ve been sighing angrily for the past hour.” And then, apparently just because he could, he mocked my angry sigh and flailed his limbs. Charming.

But wait did he say for the past hour? I thought it had only been 30 minutes. I looked at my watch and it was 9:40.

“Would you mind explaining what is happening? Because you obviously know a lot more about this than I do!” I’ve stood up now, walking closer to him and basically yelling. He stares at me carefully for a long time before shrugging.

“You’re covered in shark guts, you might wanna clean that off.” He looks away and lifts his nose like he doesn’t want bare the smell. I looked down and I was in fact covered in the gunk, I was too much in shock to really notice it all that much.

I’m basically heaving now, my fist balled up into my skirt. I narrow my eyes at him. Okay Pratt, whatever you want.

The next thing I do is probably a bit crazy and impulsive, even for me. I begin to rip down the barricade I had already made. Pratt jumps up immediately “What are you doing?”

“Oh you know, can’t wash off in here” I calmly enunciate as I pull away a final chair and fling the door open.

“You’re insane!” He grabs my arm and yanks me back into the room, slamming the door shut and pressing his back firmly against it. “Are you trying to get us both killed?”

I pick up my hook and run my hand along the cool, gold metal. “Why don’t you just tell me what you know then?”

His eyes widen a little, he looks surprised, but then his gaze hardens and his shoulders hunch, his hands are fisted and his jaw is clenched. And then, because I’m such an idiot, something begins to ram into the door.

I rush forward and help him keep the door shut. The shark/s outside had calmed down and seemingly given up… that is until you know, I ripped our barricade apart. But he shouldn’t have been such a cold jerk and then maybe I couldn’t have been angry.

“Great,” His voice comes out gravelly as we both strain with all our might to keep the door shut, but it’s really no use.

I turn to Pratt, just as he opens his mouth and begins to speak, but all I hear is white noise. His eyebrows furrow and I can feel my own face reflecting his expression. I take a step forward and reach out but the ground is shuddering and moving and I’m falling.

I hit my head on a hard surface as I collapse. I keep my eyes shut and my teeth barred in pain as I roll myself over and press the flats of my palms on what feels like glass. I lift myself up, open my eyes, and find myself staring down at a giant number 12. Where the hell am I? I stand up and survey my surroundings. I’m standing on a giant plane white clock with black numbers and arrow hands, with a lot of other people who look around, just as confused.