Chapter 2

All I could muster was a dazed and confused sounding “What?” as I stared into his angel like eyes. I must be dreaming.

He then crouched down beside me on the bed looking back at me, not saying anything. If I wasn’t dreaming, who is this person? What is he doing here? What have I been searching for? All these questions rushed through my head as his hand went to touch mine and he smiled, I smiled back.

“You’re not making much sense.” I told him, trying to uncover what he was thinking.

“Here, I’ll show you then, let’s get out of here.”

He gets up and takes my hand. “Where are we going?” This felt so surreal, but I couldn’t help myself from melting into submission since the moment he took my hand and smiled at me.

“You’ll see, you just have to trust me.”

What the heck? This was a dream I could live with. So I grasped his hand and we both walked towards the door. Once we got there, everything became a blur it felt like we were rushing and soaring in the wind as if when I stepped out of my room the rest of the house wasn’t there. He was in front of me, leading me to my fate, and all I could do was look back at him in awe.

We both reached a clearing, and when I looked around all I could see was water and blue sky. I couldn’t even tell where the ground was, it was blended together so peacefully.

“We’re almost there, and then we can talk.” He whispered to me as what looked like a small island came into view. Where is this boy, if you can even call him that, taking me?

“OK”

We land on the warm sand, where he lets go of me and sits down letting the waves touch his feet. I stand there for a moment, and then sit next to him. He looks up at the sky and closes his eyes for a moment and I just stare at him questioningly. He’s so—so, I don’t think there’s a word for it, he’s beyond beautiful.

“So, you said we could talk?”

After I said that he shook himself back into reality, as ironic as that sounds, and looks at me again and smiles, showing his imperfectly perfect teeth. Then he puts a straight face on.

“Oh, I’m sorry your just—“ He seems to be at a loss for words and I begin to get a good look at him. As we both settle down to earth, color comes to his presently white face and soft, smooth skin.

He looks nervous. “I—I shouldn’t be doing this, but you looked so sad that I had to do something.”

“Shouldn’t be doing what?”

“You asked for a sign? Well, look around you.” With that I move from his face for a few moments to look around at where he has taken me. It’s a gorgeous little island with great palm trees, plants and animals, and the fresh ocean air, but I still don’t understand what he means, so I look back questioningly.

“Close your eyes.” He tells me, and I obey. I close my eyes to see myself, must be a few years from now since I look older, in a white nursing cap and uniform, helping a sick woman and giving birth to children and suddenly I know what he means…but who is he? How does he know this?

I open my eyes and look at him, and he is suddenly sweating and panting on the ground. I instinctively run over to help him and caress his face. He looks at me in desperation, and something inside of me knows that he is mine, who or whatever he is. He pulls me close, looking into my eyes. All I can think is “Kiss me you fool” so I slowly reach for his soft lips and the feeling was incredible. Between gasps of air he mutters “Goodbye for now, Taylor, I’ll never be far away.” And he disappears beneath me as I’m kissing him. Then I am suddenly back in my bed…