Patient 4

"Please take this serum daily." But that's all it said. No reason why I should do it. I guess I should just go for it, I don't want another scene going on of me not getting any food because of orders I can't follow.

I woke up this time to find my food waiting for me. Last night's food. I ate it while still wrapped in the warmth of my thin blanket. Yesterday was so strange. But it got me thinking about what Red had said.

"Look around you, honey, you walk around freely while the rest of us are trapped in our cages! Do you think that's an accident?! It's no accident! YOU ARE THE DOCTOR AND WE'RE YOUR PATIENTS!!"

It was hard to proses. I was awake most of the time, the time I could've slept, thinking about what he had said.

'So I'm basically running this place?' I thought. Well except for the fuckers that manage this place. But why though, why did they choose me to be the therapist? The doctor? I don't have a clue of what to do. How I'm supposed to do it?

I shake my head trying to get rid of all the thoughts."Please take this serum daily." I take the small glass container and study it. It looks just like the serums I'm giving my patients. The same dark blue color but it's actually kind of weird that this isn't an injection. So I'm guessing I should just drink it?

A memory flashed inside my head of meditation. Pills. What were they supposed to do again? I know that some are good and others are bad but it was something people would always take if they had some kind of a problem.

Is this serum like medication? But if it is, then what problems do I have? You're only supposed to take it when there is physically or mentally a problem, if I remember correctly. Right? Was I thinking of the right thing. I don't really seem to remember anything outside of this place. All I know is that food is to eat, bed is to sleep in, toilet for 'business', sink for cleaning, patients and me being a so-called therapist and doctor.

But beyond that, it's quite hard to know what everything actually and truly is.

I look at the container one more time before bringing it to my lips and swallowing the sour liquid. I drag my tongue out of my mouth and pull a disgusted face. Gross! Did I really have to drink this daily?

I throw the container across the room, in disgust, causing it to shatter the moment it hit the wall next to my bed.

I shake my head and look around the room. The red numbers on the monitor catches my attention once again.

A new number shown on the monitor which caused me to sigh. Damn. Did I really have to see another one of them?

Number 10

Great.

I look one last time at my tired figure in the mirror before grabbing the patients injection and walking out the door. Huh? It's weird that my door locks every time I'm done seeing a patient or before I go to see another one, it unlocks.

I walk into the hall and start searching for the number 10. I find it and it seems that it's almost near the room I was in yesterday.

The thoughts of what happened yesterday causes my heartbeat to escalate as a chill runs down my spine. I quickly shake it off and open the door.

"Door Ten has been opened."

I set my foot in the room and I'm once again greeted by the bright light inside the room. Hopefully I won't have anymore problems with the patients. The three patients from before made me exhausted. The bruises are still visible on my side and my stomach is still fucked from the little amount of food that I was eating since I came here.