Chapter 12

*** Two posts back to back... let me know what you think of it!!! ***

Chapter 12

Mathias and I danced for hours and by the end of the night, I was exhausted. I got to have a special dance with each of my fathers and I found out that my dad Kevin was actually a very good dancer. I wondered where I got all my coordination from.

My feet were hurting so badly and I didn’t want to even walk back up to the house after the SUV limo dropped us off at the front door. I had my shoes off and was trying to walk across the pebble driveway when I was literally swept off my feet. Mathias picked me up and spun me around. I could not help but laugh hysterically. My family was already in the house, so Mathias took the opportunity to steal a kiss while no one else was around. He continued walking up the porch stairs while our lips danced in unison.

“Don’t ever let me go Mathias; I don’t think I would be able to handle it.” I said as we broke away to catch our breath.

“I have no plans of going anywhere Ellis; I love you more than anyone should be allowed to love someone.” He sat us down in one of the chairs on the porch and just held each other; it was a magical night that I wanted to remember forever.

I am not sure if it was the sway of the chair or the beating of his heart as I rested my head on his chest, but I soon fell asleep. I don’t remember him getting up to carry me to my room, but when I awoke the next morning, I was in my bed, still in my dress from the night before. Mathias’s arm was draped protectively around me and I needed to badly to get up, but my wolf was crying for me to stay put.

When he shifted his weight slightly, I took it as my chance to slowly get up from the bed and tip-toe to the bathroom. On the way I grabbed some shorts and a tank top so that I could get out of the dress. I washed the make up from my face and ran a comb through my hair. When I first looked in the mirror, it looked like someone had attacked me with a magic marker and took a weed whacker to my hair. When I was okay with how I looked, I again slowly made my way back to my usual side of the bed.

Before I even had my head on the pillow, he sighed and said, “You know you looked just beautiful the way that you were.” He then fell asleep again.

I fell back to sleep as well, only to be jolted awake a few minutes later by Raven who snuck up on us, which is hard to do when you have such keen senses of smell and hearing. She leapt onto the bed and caused Mathias to instinctively jump onto her snarling.

“WOAH BIG BOY! Chill out will ya? I just came to get Ellis so we can spend the day with together. We didn’t get our traditional hang out for her birthday, so I’m coming to steal her away.” She was not even the least bit scared of the fact that Mathias could very well have ripped out her throat for what she did. Everyone knows that you do not try and scare a werewolf, it’s usually the last thing that you do.

Mathias was calming down and came to sit back down next to me while running his hand through his hair. “Damn-it Raven, do you have a death wish?” He asked her, I could still hear anger in his voice.

“Not usually, but to see the shock on your faces, I may have to do that again some time.”