12. dangerous as a plushie

Jaehyun was a considerate boyfriend

It didn't matter how diverging their schedules were. Every morning, Taeyong would wake up to find a plate of raisin and ginger pancakes ready for him. And of course, there was the kissing. Shy, awkward Taeyong could never get used to Jaehyun's penchant for sneaking a kiss whenever possible but oh, how he loved it.

There was a time when Taeyong used to think that Jaehyun and him were close but every hour brought them closer, even when they were apart. With them there was no holding back. Jaehyun texted him all the time and it was so tough to hide the huge smile that would grace Taeyong's features when he would pick up his phone to find a text (more like a hundred from him). He was secretly overjoyed Jaehyun went out of his way for him because he knew damn well that Jaehyun didn't even like texting much.

"I thought you didn't like texting people," Taeyong had asked him, one day, soon after the whole dorm found out they had kissed and decided to throw them a Fudging Finally! Party.

Jaehyun raised an eyebrow lazily. "Yeah, so?"

They were sitting on the couch watching some anime Yuta was forcing everyone to watch because damn, goals, Winwin, I hope you're taking notes.

Taeyong looked at him, confused. "You text me a lot though?"

"You're not just 'people'. You're you."

When Taeyong didn't reply, expression stunned, Jaehyun rolled his eyes. "What? Like it's surprising?"

The older guy looked away, bangs low over his eyes. "O-oh, thanks."

Jaehyun nudged him playfully. "You're ready for tomorrow?"

Right, the date.

Every time Taeyong thought about it, his inside would twist into super-excited butterflies and his face would heat up. So, of course, Jaehyun made a point to mention it at least fifteen times every day of that ridiculously slow week they counted down for that special Friday.

"Yes," Taeyong answered, face shining like the sun.

Jaehyun grinned, leaning in to kiss his cheek.

"Eww, guys, get a room," Haechan screeched loudly on purpose, making everyone turn around.

Taeyong ran a hand over his flaming red face. "Haechan!"

Jaehyun pulled him in, allowing him to hide in the warmth of his shoulder. He laughed. "I know Taeyongie is pretty as fuck but you guys can stop staring now."

"Oh my God," Johnny groaned. "You guys are worse than this anime couple!"

Yuta made a lunge for Johnny. "Take that back! This is my favourite anime couple."

Everyone started bickering by then and Taeyong who loved Jaehyun's warmth used the commotion to kiss his neck quickly. Jaehyun stiffened, his ears turning pink. "Taeyong," he warned.