chapter 1

As i wake up to the sound of my mother cooking breakfast, i got up and brushed my teeth. I look out to the window and see the bright morning light. I went down stairs to the wonderful smell of food and today we are having pancakes, my favorite! I love them, after i finish them i remembered that today is reaping day! I got dress in a green dress, with a pair of sandals and a blue headband, then i ran downstairs for my mom to do my hair, she did a french braid that goes till my shoulders. When that is all done it was only 12:00 so i decided to wander around the market abit since the reaping doesn't start until 2:00. As i was walking around the market i saw my friends wandering around too. I decided to come to them and say hi.

"Hi!"

"Oh, hey clove! Your in the market too? Are you here for the same reason as we are?"

"What do you mean, i'm just walking around here to see if there are any new stuff i can buy for my sister."

"Oh, we are just walking around here finding some hot guys!! You wanna join us??"

"Oh, thanks but i'm not that interested."

As i walked farther i heard my friends whispering something..

*whispers*

"Hey look at that guy over there!He's quite handsome!!"

"I heard his name is Cato. He's 2 years older though!"

"Is he single?"

"I guess so but he isn't interested in any of the girls in his age."

"There are rumors he has a crush on someone!"

"I don't think he'd like us though.."

"Oh, who cares, lets just try to talk to him.."

"Ok, Jane, you start first!"

After that i went abit farther but i guess i'll try to eavesdrop on them! I want to see what his reaction will be. He'll probably say hi back to them and flirt a little since he's the bad boy player type.

As Jane walk to Cato, she said,

"Hi!"

But he just walk on by like nothing happened.. Wow, he just ignored her, how mean!I wonder who he has a crush on though, probably a blonde girl, blue eyes like his, skinny and tall, most probably that she is popular. As i was thinking i heard someone saying hi to me, as i turn around i see Cato!

"Hi!"

"Whats your name?"

"Uhmm, Clove, your name is Cato right?"

"Yes. How did you know?"

"Uhm...I thought you were the popular guy in the school... so everyone would....know your name."

"What are you buying here?"

"I'm just seeing if there are anything i could buy for my sister."

"Oh cool, i gotta go now, nice meeting you, bye!"

"..b bye!"

And with that he went.. i wonder if i will meet him at the reaping.