chapter 5

2 years later

Me and Cato has been bestfriend ever since he brought me the present. Cato is supposed to be here now since we were going to the reaping together. I waited for him for a few minutes and just as i was about to go, he arrived. He looks handsome like usual but something in his eyes tells me that he is worried and hiding something from me. Why would he be worried??

" Hey, Cato, are you fine?"

" Yeah, i'm .. alright!"

" Okay. Stop hiding it Cato, whats wrong?

" Fine, i'll tell you."

He pulls me into a corner and started talking.

"My mom and dad forced me to go into the the hunger games. I told them i didnt want to and you would be sad but they didnt listen, they said if i dont bring honour to our family, i'd get kicked out."

" Are you serious?!" Why!? Cato, you can't leave me! Please!Pleasee..." I cried.

"I'm sorry, Clove my parents forced me to do it, i can't deny, i'll have nowhere to live!"

" Cato, i don't care, you can live in my house Cato, you can live in my house!"

" Clove, i can't you won't have enough food and money!"

"Cato, please, i can stop eating at dinner, and i could.. i would do anything Cato, pleaseee, don't leave me! Don'tt!!"

"I'm so sorry Clove, but why are you so desperate, i'll volunteer, win and come back with you. I'll do anything i can to win!"

"NoCato!No,iloveyou!" Don'tgo!!" Oops. I said that! No! I said that, no he can't know it!

"What did you s-say??"

"No, Nothing!"

"Clove,-

"It was nothing!!"

"Clove-

"No, you didn't hear me!"

"Clove-

"I have to go now!"

"CLOVE!"Wait!"

I turned to look around but kept running, i can see he was running after me, looking very tired, but he kept running to catch up, i can't believe i said that, i'm just making him worried more in the games! I'm so horrible! I suddenly feel something grabbed my wrist. Its Cato! He catched up with me, probably when i was thinki-

"Clove its fine, i get it. I.. I love you too."

"What did you-"

I couldn't finish my sentence because he is standing so close, lip locked with me. I've never felt so happy before. His lips are soft yet so dry but his hair smells so good, the scent of wood and flowers. His eyes, even when closed, i could still feel the icy blue eyes looking only for me. For once i feel so special. When we broke apart i was so dissapointed.

"Clove, dont worry about me, i'll make sure i win ok?

".."

"Ok?"

" Ok.."Dont forget about me when your in there please!"

"I wont Clover, i wont. I promise."

"Ok. Remember, i will always love you no matter what!"

"I'll keep that in mind. Together we will survive through this.

"Together, or not at all."

"Together or not at all."

And with that we went to the reapings. I went to get my finger pricked. On the way to my group, i can't help but worry about him. What if he dies? What if he finds another girl? What if he lives in the capitols with the girl? What if? What if? And thta is when i decided. I will go into the hunger games with him.