Chapter 4: Audrey

Book club groups? Okay, I can work with that. I got up from my seat and was ready to find three other people. Quickly, I locked eyes with Cassie. We had been friends in elementary school. We eagerly walked towards each other.

"Okay," Cassie began. "We need to find two other people." I nodded in agreement. I eyed the room scanning for two open students. Before I could say something to Cassie, she grabbed my arm and turned me around to face two other students. I didn't know them very well. I had them in some of my classes like P.E., choir, and math. Otherwise, they weren't very familiar faces.

"Umm... hi," one of the girls said. "I'm Lizzy and that's Ingrid." She pointed to the girl standing next to her.

"Hey," I replied. "I'm Audrey and this is-"

"Cassie! That's me! Cassie Brie!" Cassie posed and smiled her most dazzling grin. She then gave me a look that screamed I can speak for myself!

"So...should we find a book?" Ingrid asked quietly. I looked over at Cassie, but Cassie looked at Lizzy.

"Definitely!" We chorused. We turned around and faced the never ending book shelf before us. All of these books could last a school education!

"Now," Lizzy paused, giving suspense. "To choose a book." Ingrid began, looking at the historical fiction books while Cassie ran to the realistic fiction. I, for one, did not care what genre we were to read.

"Oooooooooooooooo!" Cassie squealed, loud enough to have everyone in the classroom turn to stare at her. "Looky looky here!"

Lizzy and I walked over to her and saw the book Cassie held in her hands. I could hardly read it, the cover was waving so much.

"I can't read it!" Lizzy moaned, moving her head with the swaying of the book.

"Oh, sorry," Cassie replied apologetically. She grabbed out two copies of the book from the shelf and handed them to Lizzy and I. Luv Ya Bunches, it read, by Lauren Myracle. I read the back cover and shrugged.

"Come over Ingrid!" Lizzy howled. Ingrid didn't budge from the bookshelf at the far right. "INGRID!!"

I walked over to Ingrid to see what she was looking at. It was a historical fiction book about the Native Americans. I looked back at Cassie and Ingrid who were on there way over.

"No!" Cassie argued when she saw the cover. "No, no, and no!" Well goodness Cassie, I didn't know you hated Social Studies that much. Cassie crossed her arms after handing the last copy of Luv Ya Bunches to Ingrid. Ingrid glanced at the cover, then quickly read the back. She shrugged.

"I don't usually read these kinds of books," Ingrid muttered, gesturing to Cassie's choice of book.

"Come on!" Cassie begged. "Please!" I assumed Ingrid took it to thought, considering the opportunity to stretch beyond her limits. To Cassie's obvious relief, she sighed.

"Alright," She concluded. A roar of excitement fled from Lizzy and Cassie, most likely echoing throughout the entire school. Why was i with them again?

"Girls," Intruded Ms. Wakefield. "If you are going to screech, do it outside." Ingrid and I muffled our giggles.

"Alright," I began. "Now that we have a good book to read, let's get started."