Chapter 1: Not Now

It was a beautiful day in the troll kingdom. Everyone was having fun and playing games. Including the King and Queen. Branch and Poppy were hanging outside with their friends, the Snack Pack, because Guy Diamond wanted to show them his new glitter cannon. They were all excited. Well, except Branch. He was obviously happy about his best friend finding something that he enjoyed. But he thought there was clearly already enough glitter in the kingdom. But he still went along with it since he didn't to be the boring one. 

"Ok guys, you ready?" Guy Diamond asked everyone. They all nodded. So he lit the cannon and just a few seconds later, glitter was shot everywhere. They all laughed and shook the glitter off. 

"Again?" Guy Diamond asked. 

"Yes!" They all replied. 

"No!" Branch disagreed. They all looked towards him. "S-sorry, it's just.......I mean......well I.....actually-" Poppy interrupted him. "What Branch means to say is even though Guy's glitter cannon is awesome, how about we go try something else and not waste the glitter?" "But there's plenty of-" Guy started. But Poppy gave him a 'look' and he nodded. "Ooooooohhh, yea sure that's a great idea!" Guy Diamond smiled as he put his glitter cannon away. Branch let out a sigh of relief and mouthed 'thank you' to Poppy. She mouthed 'no problem' back. 

They all walked away and decided to play a game of truth or dare. They sat in a circle and Biggie went first. 

"Uh...DJ! Truth or Dare?" 

".......Dare!"

"I dare you....to take your headphones off."

She gasped. "But I never take them off!" 

"It's part of the dare!" 

"Ugh....Fine." She took them off. "OMG! I feel naked!" They all laughed. Then it was DJ's turn. "Poppy! Truth or Dare?" 

"l chose dare."

"Ok.....Kiss Branch."

"How is that a dare if I do it everyday?" Poppy smirked and Branch blushed. They all laughed and awed at both of them. But Poppy still did it anyways and they all awed more as Branch blushed more. Now Poppy's turn. "Branch, Truth or Dare?"

"Truth."

"Was there any specific reason why you didn't like singing, music, hugs, that kind of stuff in the old village?" Branch thought for a moment. Of course he liked singing. If fact he loved it! He just never did it because of what happened to his Grandma. 

"Um, well I didn't mind those things. But I think the real reason was because...well..." 'You can't tell them! Not now!' He thought. "I just thought you guys were much better at those things than me!" He half lied. 

"Oh! Shut up! You're the best singer here! Besides me, of course." Poppy smirked. 

He laughed. "Very true." 

~After about 40 minutes of playing games~

After the games, they all went to there homes. Branch and Poppy were in their house/pod, laying in bed. Then Poppy asked a question, "Were you telling the truth?"

"What?" Branch asked. 

"During the game, when I asked you that question. Were you telling the truth?" 

"Of course!"

"Branch."

".......No, I wasn't." 

"Then what's the real answer?" 

Branch sighed. He doesn't want to tell her. He knows he should, just, not now. "I didn't want to embarrass myself. Your voice is amazing and my voice.....it just doesn't compare to the beauty of yours." Branch was telling the truth. He obviously wasn't going to tell Poppy about his secret but he meant what he said. 

"Really? You really think that? Branch, that's crazy! Your voice is amazing! And we sing together in perfect harmony. And I hope you know that."

Branch nodded at what Poppy was saying. He gave a half-hearted smile and said, "I do."