Chapter 8: Stab

"BRANCH!" Poppy screamed. She watched as her husband fell to the ground with a thud. She rushed over towards him and knelt down. She looked at the knife sticking out of Branch's stomach. Poppy did not want to leave Branch's side so she decided to yell out for help. "HELP! PLEASE!" She cried for help over and over but nobody seemed to come. She saw how weak Branch was so she didn't know if she could go and get someone without losing him.

So she did what she had to do. "Okay, Branch. I'm sorry but this is going to hurt." She said apologetically. "It's okay." Branch gasped. "Just do it." He said while holding his eyes tight shut. "Okay, here we go...1-" As soon as she said the number she took the knife out of Branch's stomach and put pressure on the injury. Branch breathed heavily while holding as well.

"One second." Poppy said before she got up and ran into the kitchen. She got out the first-aid kit out and brought it back to Branch and put a make-shift bandage on the mark. Since Poppy could not perform stitches herself, she needed to go get Doc, but then came the one and only...

"I'M HERE! I HEARD YOU-! OMG! BRANCH, MY BUD, MY DUDE, MY MAN, MY KING! WHAT HAPPENED?!" Cooper ran in all crazy. Poppy looked up at him and had the most relieved look on her face. Seeing the look on her face, Cooper went completely serious and said, "I'll go get Doc!" Then Cooper saluted and ran out to go search for Doc.

Once Doc had come, everybody else came too. He immediately started working on Branch stitches. Doc asked everyone to leave the room so he could concentrate. Everyone obliged and left the room. Even though Poppy was reluctant, she left and all that they heard were the pain-filled screamed coming from inside the house.

After

Doc came out of the house and went straight to Poppy. "How is he?" She asked frantically, while also gathering every ones attention.

"He's fine, just resting. Whatever that thing was it really took out his energy. Would you have any idea on what it was?" Doc asked Poppy. Poppy thought for a moment before answering, "well...Branch did tell me what he thought it was and I think he of been right."

Doc nodded. "Explain."

After Poppy explained what the 'demon' was

"Then it came back..." Once Poppy had told the story, everyone around her whispered and spoke quietly on the matter to one another. Doc understood but he was just confused. "I've never heard of anything like that before." He said. "Me neither." Poppy replied. "But what the Demon did say," she continued. "Well at least try to say, was that if Branch wanted to kill him, then 'Branch would have to'...but he stopped talking once Branch had..." she couldn't say the rest but Doc knew what she was going to say. "I understand, well he is stable but if he's not dead, then..."

"The Demon isn't either..."