50.

The forest was silent as they all stood at the mouth of the cave, staring into darkness once again. Faint wailing could be heard from inside but none of the wolves knew how to respond.

They had followed Artemis' scent all through the base, through the tunnels and then the forest until they finally reached the cave. The second scent, the one that they had presumed to be Alpha Eaton's was much more prominent now than it had been before. However, the air seemed to be electrified with many more scents but these weren't intensified as the first two.

These weren't as...alive which was very worrying.

The fact that Artemis' scent was still sizzling with life was the only reassurance that the group of wolves had that she was alive, albeit it was very faint which was also worrying.

Either way they were immensely worried and could have probably done with more back up so support them, but it had been hours since everybody had left. They were all probably back at the Lupine Woodland pack so even if they were to call for help, it wouldn't be until much later until their reinforcement arrived.

Plus, Sol doubted that Alpha Brandon would offer to help them, especially since Artemis was the one that needed their help.

Sol vowed to never forget Alpha Brandon and the way he had treated them in their time of need and desperation.

Due to the occasional, faint grunts that they could just about make out from deep within the cave, the wolves all moved back and resulted to whispers in fear of being caught before it had even begun.

"Artemis has to be in there," Sienna, her mother started off, attempting to stay strong as she gestured towards the cave. "We need to go in and save her."

Everyone one nodded. None of them even considered the thought of leaving her behind.

Sol stepped forward, his chin raised in determination. "I'm going to head in," he announced, not leaving any room for argument.

"But Alpha," one of the warriors started, not too thrilled that an Alpha -even one without a pack- would be heading into a cave without the slightest idea of what to expect. To say that fear ran through the warrior's body would be an understatement, though he firmly believed that no man was to be left behind. When he noticed that Sol wouldn't be stepping down or backing away from his decision any time soon, he stepped forward and flanked his side. "I'll go with you."

Sol nodded in respect and stared at the others. It would be stupid for him to go in alone and him potentially getting hurt just because he had made a stupid, rash decision wouldn't help Artemis in any way.

Apollo didn't hesitate to join the group that would go in to rescue his sister. He vowed that as a brother, he would never allow anything to happen to her ever again.

All of the warriors volunteered to go into the cave with the young Alpha but Sol refused them all. Accepting a few more to join him, he instructed the others to stand guard outside of the cave to make sure that they wouldn't be attacked from behind. It was voiced aloud that if they weren't to return within the first fifteen minutes or if it sounded like they needed help then the warriors were to rush into the cave and join them. It also gave them the element of surprise as the corrupt Alpha Eaton would not expect there to be more wolves waiting outside.

Liam and Sienna had also stepped forward, but Apollo had ushered them to the side. They spoke amongst themselves for a few minutes in hushed whispers despite the whole being able to hear with their enhanced supernatural hearing, but out of respect, no one commented on it. When they were done and had returned back to the group, Liam held Sienna in his arms as she cried softly into his chest.