Chapter 5

Adrien laid in bed. Natalie placed a cool rag on his head, then left the room. After five minutes of silence, Adrien jumped up.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Plagg whispered, following Adrien to the piano.

"It's foolproof, Plagg. Foolproof." Adrien whispered back while looking up a five hour snoring video on YouTube. He pressed play and placed his phone on the piano.

"Plagg, Claws Out!" Adrien whispered, transforming into Cat Noir.

************************

"Thanks, sir." Cat Noir said. The taxi drove off. He felt bad that he wasn't able to pay the driver anything for driving him all the way to The Palace of Fontainebleau, but the driver hadn't been angry. He had said it was his way of thanking Cat Noir for saving the city.

Cat Noir had planned to run here the whole way, but once he got out of Paris jumping buildings wasn't an option, and running got tiring real quick. He was a superhero, but super running wasn't in the contract.

He turned and looked at the palace. It was magnificent. The palace was huge and elegant. Large courtyards were on either side of it. Staff led the guests into the courtyard on the right. Cat Noir followed them. Little lights led them through the maze of courtyards and gardens. Eventually he reached a staff member who was welcoming the guests in.

"Cat Noir! What a pleasure it is to meet you! Welcome to the Paris Ball."

"Why thank you, sir." Cat Noir said as he walked into the courtyard. Four medium sized courtyards created one big courtyard for the guests to enjoy. The rest of the grounds were roped off. The castle was on Cat Noir's left; two large french doors welcomed guests into the ballroom.

Cat Noir walked in. Many of the guests came up to talk to him. He greeted them, but he really was hoping to see Ladybug there. Eventually the Mayor came up to him.

"I'm glad you were able to join us tonight, Cat Noir. Will Ladybug be joining us too?"

"I don't know, Mister Mayor, but I'm sure we will all know if she does. Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'm going to go get some food." He made his way over to the refreshment table. It was piled high with horderves and sweets. Cat Noir grabbed a macaroon and tried it.

"Yum." He said to himself. He was about to put another one into his mouth when he saw Ladybug across the room. She was in a beautiful dress with her hair up, but it was unmistakingly her. Now's your chance, Adrien. Go get her!

He cleared his throat and made his way over to her. Her back was to him, so he lightly tapped her shoulder. As she turned around he bowed politely.

"Milady, may I have this dance?"