II. Brighter than the Stars

Perses and Asteria
    "Brighter than the Stars"

    It wasn't a surprise that I dreamt of her. The captivating Goddess, Asteria, held my heart in her palms unknowingly, obliviously. The stars surrounded her proudly, her lilac hair endlessly long, the unruly curls bouncing in different directions only ceasing at her waist. Some of the stars even sat within her eyes, daring to go as far as sitting atop her glowing, ecru skin. Her celestial eyes reminded me of the heavens, of when one first enters Olympus, the vast skies and the never ending blue of it. Her lips were full and flaming, as red as cherries. Within those celestial eyes she held the universe, she held dreams and supernovas in them, they gleamed in every which way, mirroring the galaxy in all it's colors. A crown sat atop her head delicately, silver with many gleaming gems within, it suited her.
    I felt feverish, almost embarrassed. Did she know I had such dreams admiring her in all her beauty? Yet when I awoke there she sat, beside me, within my quarters. Crown replaced with a silver laurel holding back her hair from her flawless face. Iridescent eyes soft gazed but illuminating the dark room, she reached forward with delicate and dainty hands caressing my face. I could not fathom getting this close to her, for surely I would destroy her. Surely, I would break, damage, and demolish this beautiful being beside me. I wanted no part in it.
    ...And yet I could not find the strength to pull away from her roaming fingertips, instead I found myself returning her gaze. Heart pounding, hands trembling, I don't dare return her touch. At least... not yet.
    "It's alright," her eloquent and mellifluous voice reaches my ears gently, attempting to assure me. Of what? I have no clue. But she slid closer, the sheets of darkness embracing us, our hands brushing if only briefly. Here we lie, eyes not daring to tear away from the other's, the only sound resonating through the room is our breathing. I became at peace when in her presence.
    The plumpness of her peachy lips pressed against my own, unexpectedly. She did not fear me. She understood my trauma, my self hatred, my self sabotage and destruction. She became mine that night, talking of nothing but dreams and the endless inky night. The ease and comfort I felt beside her was unusual but appreciated. It made me fall in love with her all the more.