15 - He Had a Hangover

ι've нad a ĸιller нang over вeғore
           тнaтѕ wнy ι can мeѕѕ wιтн gυyѕ wιтн нella нangoverѕ
       and вe ѕcared aѕ ѕнιт wнen ι pυѕн тнeм тoo ғar
                                             — K E N D A L L  B R O W N

October 10th, 5:54 PM

New Text Message From: Griffin Collins
Watch out. Nerd Incoming, 3 o'clock.

New Text Message From: Griffin Collins
Awh, how cute. Nerds flirting. I'm gonna throw up.

            I was just getting around to checking the texts Griffin sent me at lunch. I physically rolled my eyes at the texts and looked over to Griffin who was standing next to Tristan talking to Michael who had Jake's arm slung over her shoulder. I walked over to the group, taking a stand next to Griffin.

            "You kids wanna go catch a few cold ones?" Michael offered.

            "I'm down for a few drinks," Tristan replied.

            "Sorry, mates, I've got a nerd to watch," Griffin said, throwing an arm around my shoulders.

            I eyed his hand and then looked back at him, trying to give him the message that he better get his arm off me before I hyperventalate and stab him in the eye. He didn't look down at me and I could feel my breathing getting heavier.

            "The young one can't join us?" Michael asked looking down at me, I opened my eyes wide at her, hoping she would get the message that I need a five foot radius from all human contact in 3.2 seconds. She didn't get the message.

            "Nah, Daniel would have my balls," Griffin mentioned, taking his arm out from around me. I pressed my palm to my chest, feeling my racing heart and tried catching my breath.

            "Well, uh, we could," I tried to speak. I must've sounded like I just sprinted a mile and was trying to read a thirty page essay. I swallowed and caught my breath. "We could head to Dee's," I offered. "Our bar's alright."

            "Yeah, and the waitress there is hot," Griffin commented and I flushed profusely, my cheeks heating up.

            All four of them laughed. Michael tilted her head back, her laugh free and light. I placed my cool hands on my flaming cheeks and looked at them all with wide eyes. "Stop it," I begged, a small voice.

            "You're so cute, Princess," Michael laughed. "Let's head to Dee's, I could use a drink and I haven't been there in years."

            We all came to mutual agreement and the small group began to disperse. "We'll meet you guys there," Michael called as she linked her arm in mine and began towing me to her truck.

            Her and I both clankered into the truck and slammed the heavy doors behind us. "I'll help you carry all of this stuff in, if you want."

            "Thanks, Michael," I smiled at her.

            Michael turned out to be a hell of a lot different than I imagined. Everything about her was something I wish I possessed, she carried herself with confidence not a single shred of uncertainty was found with anything she did. She was ridiculously beautiful, her curly brown hair so much more interested than my dull blonde hair, her brown eyes so much more steady than my blue eyes which looked fragile and innocent. Her tattoos and piercings made her intriguing while my pale skin was just the opposite.