beginning

Lola's pov

I had a long and tiring day, I was about to live the office but remembered I had to go out with the girls, I didn't want to go but I had to.

I headed out with hanna , Christy and lily .

"Sooooo" Hanna started, and I already knew where this was going, "found any one yet??" I told ya.
"Not again with the questions Han" Christy said sarcastically,
"But seriously have you..?" Christy once again spoked while making a smooching face

"Not yet, ladies" I replied
"And why is that" lily suddenly asked.

"I still remember we spoke about this issue yesterday,
“vividly” " outing air quotation on vividly.

"Noooo way, this isn't happening, they can't be closed right..?? Christy" lily yelled cried, she has always been so sentimental about things.

We all looked up at the same time, a smile formed on my face. Hanna looking like she was gonna die, you should have seen her face. Haha

"Yeah babies, Yeah babies, Yeah babies" I sang going towards my car," catch ya Laters, bellas. I drove off.
Rude of me, I know. But I was so tireeeed

  **************************************

I quickly got down from my car and headed inside, on reaching the sitting room I saw my mum looking very sad, like something happened to her.

"Mum" I called out, "darling, am so sorry " she started with, why was she sorry, what happened. "What's wrong?" I asked .

"Hmmmm, your dad lost another investor today, and he still hasn't paid the debt he owed the steels family......he taught if this project was completed, he would actually pay them. But now he couldn't" she broke into little sobs.

"But mum" I started with, "I thought everything was already okay, Like settled or something?"

"Baby, we don't tell you everything for a reason, you worry too much" my mum replied.

"But I knew about everything" my brother Luke chipped in.
"Look who's decided to come home" I said sarcastically" Luke just shrugged.
Asshole I thought to myself.
Luke always was a prick

"I'm home" dad announced. "Dad........" Toby
yelled whilst running down the stairs, she quickly hugged him and took his briefcase then left for his study room. I love this little angel.

"Dad you're home early" I said and smiled.
"There was nothing to do, so I decided to come home to my lovely family" he answered and smiled.
"Honey how was work today?" My mum asked,
"Fine, I guess" he simply replied.

"Lola, I would like to talk to you about something important, and it's about the company okay?"
"Okay?" My reply was more like a question though.

*****************************************

So after a dinner with the family I retreated to my room, had my bathe, freshened up, put my PJs on and headed to bed, I couldn't help but to think about my dad and the company. I actually started working in the company as a finance manager after I graduated from college studying banking and finance. I refused to get paid in other to save the company's money, but still mum said no improvements.
T

ake was strange to me.

There was a knock on my door,
"come in", I whisper yelled, not wanting to wake up the neighbors and also for the person behind the door to hear me, my dad walked in with a sad face.
What was really going on in this house?

Yeah I know that you must wondering way I ask my self so much questions.

My dad sat at the edge of the bed, making me sit up.
" Lola.....I dunno how to put this....okay, hmmm, you know about our company's ups and downs" he suddenly spoke, I didn't actually know what to say, i simply nodded not wanting to say what was on my mind
Yeah dad, you couldn't tell me what's going on with the company

"And you know about the loan we owe to the steel family, right?" I nodded again.
"They gave us a condition"
Okay, I said that in my mind in case you are wondering.

"So???" That was my reply actually
"Alex steel wants your hand in marriage dear".

Ha! That was a good joke, really funny dad

But my dad wasn't smiling at all

" you sold me??", I asked feeling teary, noooooo, dad you can't do this to me see......

"No dear I could never do that" he replied. I knew what he meant but I was too angry to accept it.

"Dad can you give me a moment alone" I asked him crying already. "Sure" was his only reply and he left.

I can't marry that arrogant, foolish, womanising prick.

Fuck.

So sorry it's short
Kinda preparing for an exam
Am finally done with Dis chapter. Ha😋😋😋😋😋😀😀🙌