Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Carl

I wipe the sweat off of my fore head after I kill another walker from the fence. This isn't usually my job but I guess it is today.

The hot Georgia sun beams down on all of us which makes this job even harder.

"Hey Carl." My dad said through the fence.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"We need your help in the Woodbury cell block." He said.

"I'm on fence." I said.

"Well, now your not. Go!" He demanded.

I sighed and took off the apron I was wearing so I don't get any blood on my clothes. When I get to the entrance to the field I hang my apron and put the broken pipe on the hook on the fence.

The door slides open with a creek. I walk up to the Woodbury cell block and go inside. This cell block mostly has a bunch of old ladies. The other Woodbury people are in cell block D.

"Carl." Someone calls.

I turn around and Maggie is calling for me.

"Yeah, what do you need?" I asked.

"I need you to help nail up the sheets on the doors. The hammer and nails are up there, I'm gonna go get Glenn to help you." She said.

"Okay." I said then walked up the to the top floor and see a stool with the hammer and a box of nails. I go to the cell closest to the wall and get the sheet in front of the door.

When I enter the cell there's old lady stuff inside. At the door frame above is a piece of wood.

I take the part of the sheet that goes on the end of the bed and nail it in.

-

The sun set about 2 hours ago. I'm watching in the guard tower. It's boring. When I look out into the distance I see a bunch of walkers fall down dead from outside the fence. They all go towards something.

I walked down to the mysterious walker and see it's a girl.

"Help." She begged.

"Follow me." I said and took out my knife and stabbed the walkers to clear a path for her.

I took her to the gate and opens it small enough so she could fit it.

"Thank you-"

"All weapons out anything in your pockets in a bag on the floor now." I demanded and she did what I said.

"Try anything we will kill you." I said.

I took her up to he prison to dad's cell.

"Dad, wake up." I said and tapped on his bed. He opened his eyes and sat up. Once he looked at the girl he sat up straight and looked at me.

"Who's that?" He asked.

I looked at her for a answer.

"I'll tell you my name when I can trust you." She said.

"If you want, you can stay here, but you need to answer some questions." My dad said.

"Okay, ask."

"How many walkers you kill."

"I can't keep track, there's too many."she said.

"How many people you kill?"

She stiffened.

"Um, one." She said.

"Why?"

She hesitated before answering.

"She was my sister, she was bit on the shoulder and she made me, you know,"

"We get it, you don't have to continue," I said.

"Carl, show her to a open cell in this cell block." Dad said. I nodded and took her to the top floor.

"Um... Daryl has a cell up here... he's the only one. His cell is right there." I said and pointed to his cell.

"This is your cell." I said.

"Sometimes Michonne stays in the cell next to you."

"Okay thank you." She said.

"No problem."

"When can I get my weapons back?" She asked.

"That's up to my dad. I'm Carl by the way." I said.

"Okay, thank you Carl." She smiled then came up to me and hugged me. I hugged back.

First Chapter!

So most books I've written I deleted because I didn't like them and thought they were horrible.

But this book is gonna be good. I can feel it xD

Please vote and comment I love reading comments.