Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Olivia

The cell I'm staying at is kind of nice, the nicest thing you can get in a apocalypse. There's bunk beds, desk, and a filing cabinet as a dresser. I've been sleeping on the top bunk.

"Hey mystery girl." Someone said from the doorway of my... the cell.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Come meet everybody, I'll show you around. Maybe after I could have your name." Carl said and I jumped down from the bunk.

"Okay, but I don't think so about the name. I don't wanna stay long." I said.

"Come on, I'll let you meet Carol and Beth." He said.

"Okay." I said and we walked out of the cell block into the hot sun. He walked me over to a patio where there was a lady with short brown-gray hair cooking meat, a guy who looks older than me with glasses, a man with kind of long hair and a shirt with ripped arms, I think that guy is Daryl.

"Carol this is..."

"I will tell you my name when I can trust you guys." I said again.

"Well it's nice to meet you, I'm Carol and this is Patrick." She said and pointed to the Patrick guy.

"Hi." He said.

"Patrick, can you take over?" Carol asked him, "I'm gonna show the new girl around."

"Yeah sure." Patrick said and took the spatula from Carol.

"Come on." Carol said and walked over to the fence. I hadn't gotten a good look at it last night.

"We have the pigs, chickens, horses, and crops down there. The people at the fence kill the walkers so they don't break down the fence." Carol explained.

"It's amazing, I've never seen anything look so... normal." I said in amazement.

"Yeah, you should thank Rick, he's led us through this world." Carol said.

"I'll thank him when I leave." I said.

"You're not staying?" She asked.

"No, it may seem safe but every safe place becomes the hardest lost." I said.

She gave me a weird look.

"I was at this camp. There were a lot of people. We were behind two fences and a stone wall. We were safe from walkers, but we weren't safe from the people who wanted our protection. There was about 80 of us. I'm the only one left." I said remembering the day it all happened.

"Was it a like a community?" She asked.

"No, it was like this place. Do you have an enemy? Anyone who has attacked or has tried to, or even threatened you guys to leave?" I asked.

"Yes." She answered with no emotion

"Well he, she will come, trust me it will happen. And I don't want to be here when it happens." I said.

"We have someone looking for him." She said.

"How long has he been looking for him?" I asked.

"She's been looking for a long time. Her name is Michonne."

"She's the one who sometimes stays in the cell next to the one I'm staying in." I said.

"You've been through a lot haven't you?" Carol asked.

"More then you can imagine." I said.

-

"So have you met everyone yet?" Carl asked walking into my cell.