Chapter 3

This chapter is dedicated to @Everlark2018 and @Rather_Be_Writing for THREATENING me to update when I asked them to. Love you guys!

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

       "Peeta!" I scream as he goes flying back with a loud zap from the force field.  The force knocks all of us down to the ground.  As soon as I come to my senses, I stand up and run towards Peeta.  He can't be dead, he can't be dead, he can't be.  I repeat in my head. "Peeta." I say as I shake his shoulders lightly. The tears start streaming down my face even though I still haven't confirmed that he's dead yet. Placing my head in the spot  I always rest it at night, I stop breathing and listen for his strong and steady heart beat. To my dismay, I hear nothing. "He's not breathing and his heart stopped!" I yell to Finnick. "No Peeta no! Stay with me!" I say, hoping the power of those three words would bring Peeta back to me. I start to sob as Finnick pushes me out of the way to examine my lifeless husband.

          Peeta, the would be father of our baby girl is dead. My worst fear about coming back into the arena a relaity. I place a hand on my stomach and fall on my knees. Mags rushes over and places two comforting hands on my shoulders. Eve, who must know of my sadness has started to kick less. How am I going to raise her alone? My thoughts are interrupted as I see Finnick lean down to kiss Peeta. I stand up, ready to smack him, but the rise and fall of Peeta's chest stops me. I've seen my mother do this life saving tactic before, and I can almost see her encouraging Finnick on. Finnick stops breathing into Peeta's mouth and begins to press hard with his hands on his chest. He repeats this multiple times. 

          "Come on Peeta. Breath. Come on." Finnick murmurs. Right as I'm about to lose hope, Peeta takes a large breath. Finnick steps out of the way and I run to Peeta. "Katniss." Peeta says softly. Because of how traumatic this was, I'm still sobbing. "Yyyou wwere dead," I stammer in between sobs. "Yyou weren't bbreathing." Peet sits up and rubs my back. Only then do I realize how much I'm shaking. 

          "Is Eve doing okay?" He asks me when I calmed down. I nod. "Better, now that you're here." I say with a slight smile. Peeta kisses my forehead and goes over to Finnick. "Thanks for saving my life." He says. "Yeah.........no problem." Finnick says with that same quizzical look from the cornucopia. "We should get going." He says as he gets Mags back up on his back. Mags insists that she walks, so Finnick finds two long branches from one of the trees. He hands one to Peeta to use as a cane, and same with Mags.   I take the lead even though I'm still pretty shaken about what happened. To avoid any of us hiting the force feild, I grab a few rocks and nuts and throw them a few feet ahead of us at a time. I stop when I hear a sound of crunching.

          "Mags!" I say as I turn around and see her munching on something. "What are you eating? Spit that out!" Finnish laughs. "What?" I snap at him. "You really want her eating rocks?" This comment makes him laugh harder. "Katniss she's not eating rocks, those are nuts. She recognized them from her Games." I blush. "Oh." I say and go over to Peeta and hide my face in his chest. 

          "Do you want me to take the lead?" He asks. I nod lightly. We continue through the woods until we are no longer in range of the force field.   We come to a small clearing and Peeta stops.

         "I think this should be a safe enough spot to stay for the night."  Peeta says.

___________________________________________

I'm updating little by little.............which means I'm going back and forth between the both of my stories.  Enjoy the very little I add, but keep in mind there's WAY more to come!

-Kelli

You know what? I give up on trying to update this chapter. Watt pad just deleted ALL the new content I added and I'm just so PISSED OFF.

I'll try to update again later, but for now I'm just gonna take a break and cool down cuz I'm MAD. 

-Kelli