--> Five <--

- Tuesday, June 17th, 8:30 pm -

- Xanthippe's pov -

"Are you sure you're okay?" Devin asked from beside me as we took a seat at the large dining table. It was only our small group and the royal family we had met earlier, adding on the grandmother. My eyes flicked to Prince Aiden's eyes and he was already looking at me as I smelt that scent. His scent. Prince Aiden had to have smelt it too, he had to.

My wolf was having a battle inside of me. She wanted to see her mate, and she also wanted to hurt him. He wasn't there for us, and still we couldn't help but miss him. I just tried to ignore it like I do with all of my problems.

Devin place his hand on my knee and I flicked my eyes to him, letting out a small growl. This caught everyone's attention. He seemed surprised and let go of me. "Woah, Xan, calm down it will be okay. Are you feeling alright? Do you need to see the doctor, hon?"

His scent got closer and fast as we heard a loud growl echo throughout the castle. I shivered at the sound and turned my head to the doorway where I knew he would come in through. "WHERE IS SHE? WHO IS SHE WITH?" I heard him and bit my lower lip. He was going to kill whoever guys were near me when he saw me and he knew it.

I stood from my seat quickly, my chair screeching back as I stood. To my dismay, Devin followed in suit and reached for me. I yanked away from him and tripped , falling down. I didn't notice the impact, I was worried for everyone here, especially Devin. He still pursued after me, pushing his chair back from him and dropping down to me, trying to help me up.

"Let go of me, stop-" I urged him, but it was too late. I flicked my head to the doorway as I heard King Jaxson's loud growl and saw him standing there. I felt my heart stop as I looked to him. How was it possible that he looked even more handsome than he had the last time I seen him? He looked absolutely breathtaking. And absolutely angry.

His dark eyes signaled that his wolf was out and with one look that Devin was standing over me, he shifted, tearing his clothes off before he bounded at Devin. My wolf acted quickly and I shifted as well, tackling Jaxson in mid-air, stopping him from hitting Devin. I whimpered out as my body hit his and we tumbled to the ground. I got up and looked to Jaxson as he watched me suddenly. He looked angry. My wolf was angry too. She growled at him, baring her teeth at him.

'You think that you can be angry when you see me with another man? You haven't even tried to find me. I could have gone through my heat and some man could have taken advantage of me.' She told him angrily and I sat back, watching this interaction. I mean, good for her for sticking up for her- us, I mean.

Jaxson growled back to me, standing tall in his wolf form. I just noticed that guards were surrounding us, but there aren't attacking me for some reason. He probably had mindlinked them. 'I looked for you, I was searching everywhere for you, Xanthippe. I thought they took you- those damn rogues. Here you are with another man, I have to kill him. He tried to take you away from me.'

My wolf stopped growling and flooded with happiness. She was just happy that he had been looking for us. I regained control over my wolf and I looked around at everyone. Everyone had moved out of their spots at the table and were now looking at us.

My parents looked appalled and Jaxson's parents looked horrified. This was not the best meeting for either of them, but oh well. "Xanthippe, you stop that right now!" My father bellowed angrily towards me in his alpha voice. I sat down obediently and it hurt to follow his orders. I had to stop Jaxson if he tried to attack Devin again. "You shift this moment and you follow these guards to the dungeons." I whimpered aloud and felt my body forcibly shifting. I was naked and pulled my knees to my chest so that no one could see my body.