Dominic - A Little About Myself

My name is Dominic Clyde Layton (a mouthful right?) but I usually go by "Dom" or "Dommy." I live in London, England. Well, lived actually. My best friend, Harry McAnthony took me on a little trip; but more on that later.
See, most people won't believe me, but my mother is a witch. Crazy right? Yet, she isn't one of those potion-brewing, wart-nosed, green-skinned monsters you see on TV or Halloween decorations. More like the Good Witch of the North from the Wizard of Oz(#Disneyfanatic), except a smidgen more useful.
"Professor Layton" teaches the defense against the dark arts class at Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. And do you wanna know what's better than having your parent as a teacher? Looking forward to having your parent as a teacher for the next seven years! As you can see, I'm not very sarcastic.
As for my father, I've never met him. Well, I don't remember meeting him. On one of the holiday breaks that my mom comes home for we talked a little about him. My mom told me he is a great man. "Is" was not elaborated on, and I didn't ask further since it's a very touchy subject.
I was super excited for my first year of Hogwarts. My caretaker Shaun Bernstien and I planned on going to Diagon Alley to buy supplies. I honestly couldn't wait so we went there early in the summer. I was so innocent then, so pure and childish...