Chapter 1:)

• Dedicated to Isabel Jasmine Inguanzo

Emily's POV

I'm running. I have had enough of this shit! I don't know where I am going, but I just need ot get out of here! I ran into the bathroom. He threw my jumper in there.

I grabbed it then looked into the mirror. I was disgusted to see a large openning on my forehead. And another on my right cheek.

Blood was running down my face and neck, but I don't care. Right now, my main concern to get Renee out of here. Renee is my three month old baby. I wasn't planning on having a baby at the age of eighteen, but with a boyfriend that hits you then gets home drunk one night. You don't know what to expect. She doesn't deserve this kind of crap. Especially from her idiot father.

I ran into her nursery. As I pulled her out of her crib, Chris came in. "Your getting your fucking blood on her!" he yelled. I felt a sting on my left cheek. He slapped me. I was already losing so much blood I collapsed on the first hit. Dropping Renee.

I couldn't hear her cry. I tried to reach for her. To make sure she was okay. I was about to get her when Chris stepped on my hand. "Don't touch her!" he yelled before I blacked out.

I slowly blinked twice. I became familiar with my surroundings. I was in our bedroom. I was tucked into bed. Why would he beat the shit out of me then tuck me into bed?

I looked under the covers. Oh. Thats why...

I pulled my clothes back on. I touched my face. The cuts were bleeding less now. I quickly ran up to Renee's nursery. She was still on the floor. I picked her up and hugged her. I layed her in her crib. I got a blanket, some diapers, and bottles. I put everything in my bag. I didnt' get any of my stuff.

I carried Renee in one hand and the bag in the other. Chris wasn't home. I ran out. I continued to run down the street. I probably looked like a mainiac. I had dry blood on my face and a baby in my hands. Of course I got glances off of people. But I don't care.

I ran up to my old roomates house. I rang the doorbell. She opened the door.

"Emily?" she asked.

"Andrea! Please help me! Please. He is probably looking for me!" I begged.

"Of course! Come In!" she looked really surprised to see me.

I walked in. She quickly cleaned my cuts and face. She gave me one of her old sweaters to change into. But I didn't want to let go of Renee.

She understood. She sat me down on her couch. "Okay, so what happened?" she asked handing me a cup of tea. I took a sip then answered, "Chris had gone out the night before with friends. So he came home drunk. Today in the morning he had a job interview. He didn't get it because of the hangover he had. He came home really angry. We started to argue then he hit me. As usual. He blamed me for not getting the job. He said I was the reason why his life is so miserable." I started to cry at the flashback. I looked up at Andrea and she had watery eyes.

"Honey, hand me Renee so you can get out of your bloody clothes." she begged. I nodded then handed her Renee.

She held Renee in her arms. She looked at my baby. Her lips went down into a frown. I continued to stare at her. She glanced up to me. "What?" I quietly asked. What came next quickly hit me hard.

"Emily, Renee's dead," she said as tears flowed down her cheeks.

I fell down to my knees. "No. No. No. No. Andrea, please tell me your playing with me," I said crying. She got down on her knees and sat next to me. "Emily," she said handing me Renee.

I looked at her lifeless body. This can not be happening. I kissed her forehead and whispered, "You will always be mommy's Princess."

Andrea called the paramedics. I didn't let go of Renee. I love her so much.