Chapter 13

No matter what I thought, Seungcheol's words the other day had an impact on me.

"You can't blame a man for tripping up on his first approach to love."

"You realised you liked him in the end, right?"

I kept thinking about it even 3 days later while I'm lying in bed.

Urgh, as much as I was annoyed by how much I was bombarded with what he said, his words touched a part of me. Maybe maybe maybe... Ok I am not very sure but...

I guess I had blamed Mingyu for tripping up on his first approach to love. Then there is the fact that Mingyu's 'bad move' was the same move that got me to be upset and confess that I had fallen for him. It got me to actually realize that I liked him in fact. I should be thanking him for doing so. Not pushing him away. So I shouldn't have cut him off like that.

It was then that those feelings that I thought I had lost touch with came back to me, swarming and warming my being. I think this was the feeling of my heart thumping against my chest.
Was this... love?

It can't be, right? I was over him. I pushed him away. But-

I pushed him away without any other consideration. I left him because I was salty at how he never looked me; salty like how he was salty that I could easily 'fall' for Wonwoo and not him who really loved me and tried his utmost best to get me to like him.

I... I loved him and I still do. I let my emotions get the best of me back then when I shouldn't have. (I need to thank Seungcheol.) I should apologise to Mingyu.

.
.
.

But... It's a little too late, isn't it?

Mingyu and I, we're over. I can't ask for any more chances. He even said he was already getting over me. I guess I missed my chance. I screwed it up. Now... My chest hurts. Oh, I think this is pain that I'm feeling. Emotional pain. Thinking about how I would have to hide this newfound feeling of love increased this feeling of pain. I can't go to work, see his face and feel like this.

And so began my suffering and torment. I went to work, thankful for each day I was not in the same shift as him. Every time I looked at him, I wondered if my emotional pain was obvious. I wondered if he had been feeling this way the past months when I was unaware. It must be gone by now though.

I had been avoiding him since he started working here so I never noticed if he had anything off about him.