The mission

**Hello! This story happens before the Tartaros battle.  And Thanks for reading!**

-Natsu pov-
I went to the mission board, to see if their are any good mission's. 

Help catch the bandits that are stealing our villages crops!
Village: Willow village
Reward: 50,000j

I picked up the mission and asked Lucy if we could go.

"It seems easy enough,  and their more than enough money for my rent." She said with sparkles in her eye's.

"A mission? Good, theirs enough money for a new pair of armor." Said Erza.

"Oh a mission? Great. Lets go." Said Ice Princess.

"Who said you were invited, Ice prick!" I said.

"I said I was going on the mission, Flame Brain."

"You wanna go?"
"Are you two fighting?" Said Erza

"N-no Erza. Were best friend's,  aren't we Natsu?" He said throwing his arm around my neck.

I threw my arm around his neck,  "A-Aye Sir!" I said.

-Time skip brought to you by Natsu's nasty motion sickness-

-Lucy pov-

We arrived in Willow village.  The first thing I see is a forest to my left. And farmland to my right.

We had the information of the whereabouts of where the bandits hideout could be. But it didn't help much. Because they only narrowed it down to the ENTIRE forest.

We had split up so we could cover more ground.  And we had a device that allows us to talk even if we are far apart! And we had a tracking device so we could get to the other teammate faster.

I had Loke and Taurus out just incase anyone attacked. And I think I jinxed myself because then someone attacked.

"Ohh lookie what we have hear? Lets bring her back to base. She will look perfect in chains." Said a guy in a black cloak.

The other two had somehow managed to defeat my spirits, like they were nothing. I hear Natsu and eveyone yell for me to run.  But I stand their frozen, paralyzed. I feel a wave of tiredness run over me, as the guy in front of me waves a hand in front of me. I collapse on the ground and fall asleep, with the sound of Natsu screaming my name.

-Natsu pov-

I heard other people talking that weren't on our team. I hear Erza and Gray ask if it was me. I said no. I knew immediately that it was Lucy. I yelled ,"Lucy run."

I heard someone laugh.

"This blond will great in bed, don't you think?" Said a guy.

"I hope so." Said a deep voice.

"I wanna have a go at her!" Said a strangely high male voice.

I tried to keep my anger under control until I found them.
Lucy be careful.

-Timeskip-

I finally tracked down Lucy. I walked up to the abandoned building and open the doors.
"Lucy are you here?"

I smell her sent going over to my right, so I head to the door to the right. When I open the door, I feel like throwing up. I smell an overwhelming amount of blood. I look to see where its coming from. I see something on the floor in shreds. I pick it up and walked out the room so I could see it in the sunlight.

When I step into the sunlight,  tears pickle my eye's.  I held up lucys outfit. Which is covered in blood. I feel the dragon in me roar out in pain. We lost our mate. And we lost our light. I smell Erza and Gray behind me. I slowly turn around.

Once I fully turn aroun. I look up with dead eyes. I see Erza on the ground crying, and I see Gray with tears streaming down his cheeks. They had found the hideout so I asked what happend.

"The hidout was full of the bandits, but they looked like they were attacked. They were all bloody and some had broken bones. And a few had died."

I noded and walked towards the end of the forest and into town. The towns people seamed sad when they realised that we lost a member. Gray and Erza turned the bandits into the capital. And we went home.

Gray ans Erza told the guild what happend. But I went to Lucy's apartment and layed down in her bed. And cried. I lost Lucy. I lost my mate.

-Timeskip two months later-

We set up her grave next to her parent's grave.  As I was walking to her grave, I see a white wolf infront of Layla's grave. The wolfed looked up, when he/she saw me. I walked towards it and layed the flowers infront of Lucy's grave.

I walked away, and the wolf followed. The wolf followed me everywhere.

When I got home, it was about midnight. I decided that the wolf could stay with me for now. I crawled into my hammock and so did the wolf. It layed its head on my chest.

I went to sleep with the smell of wolf, strawberries, and vanilla.

Little did I know I would wake up with a surprise.

**Hey. This is my new book. And hope u like it going into further chapters. Good bye for now.
-Astrid**