-(Chara) Chapter 6: The Home of Masked Feelings-

-Disclaimer:- I do not own UNDERTALE or the video shown, but I do own this story and the picture I drew.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previously:

However, before Sans can teleport towards you, his left eye glitches. The word "ERROR", which is painted red, covers his left eye. Sans shoots an arm up to his eye, covering it.

"W-What the--!?"

He hollers. You turn your head as you are running and gasp. You tug on Chara's sleeve and you both stop running. Scarlet slows down as well and watches Sans. He's got both of his hands covering his face now. Chara gives you a weird look. This has never happened before..

A glitchy, deep voice reverberates within the hallway.

"No.. Not yet.."

Chara's eyes widen. He appears to recognize this voice.. Before you can question him, Sans shrieks in pain and panic, which catches your attention. Using what little magic he has left, Sans teleports, disappearing.

"What was that about?"

You ask out loud. Chara turns away from you and continues walking through The Ruins.

"Y/N, we should focus on finding Toriel. We all need to..rest."

Chara is acting funny, and you have some serious questions plaguing your mind, but you push them aside. He's right. After all this death and torture there's finally a chance to rest in a peaceful environment. Sans would never attack Toriel..right?

Scarlet lets out a loud sigh and stretches. She gives you a thumbs up and quickly catches up to Chara. You begin to follow as well, but not before glancing back to where Sans was standing.

"An ERROR, huh..."

You say out loud.

This is becoming very, very interesting.

Now:

As you munch on some Monster Candy (unfairly taken without permission), you can't help but think that Chara knows something crucial to your adventure. Nevertheless, you continue on. You, Chara, and Scarlet try to solve The Ruin's remaining puzzles as quickly as possible..in fear of Sans' return. As you three solve more spike puzzles and push around some sentient rocks, you notice that Scarlet has been keeping an eye on Chara. She silently watches him by sneakily glancing at him once in a while. You too have noticed Chara's impatience. Once again, his right-hand twitches as you solve the very last puzzle (which has to do with pillars and levers). You and Scarlet let out a sigh of relief.

"Man, even though we were going as fast as we could, that still took a long time.. I'm surprised Sans didn't teleport back.."

You say to break the awkward silence. Scarlet nods, a noticeable bead of sweat dripping down her forehead.

"Well, let's not waste any time! Toriel's home is just beyond this tree."

You speak yet again, with no response. The tree in front of you has been dead for quite some time, but it appears to be well taken care of..? 'That's Toriel for you.. Caring for things that are beyond saving...' You think, slightly smiling at the thought. Chara quickly rushes past the tree and stands in front of Toriel's home. There is no door of course---Toriel simply allows anyone into her home. As you stand in front of that black, dead tree, Scarlet strolls over to a Save Point nestled in between red, fallen leaves. She [SAVES], which loosens up Chara. He seems more relaxed now. He turns around swiftly, looking straight at you. He has a peculiar smile---as if relieved but saddened at the same time.