Part 5

When I hear those soul-crushing words I drop my phone and sit there in shock. "Donna, what's wrong?" Seb asks nervously. "M-my dad," I say. He immeaditly jumps up, grabs the keys, drags me to the car, and drives to the hospital. Once we get there I see my mom and I go sit by her. Seb goes to the counter and asks for updates, but all they tell us is that he is in surgery. I just sit there in shock for a while before falling asleep on Seb's shoulder. While I was asleep I dreamed of a perfect world where my dad would wake up and everything would be perfect, but that sadly wasn't the truth when I woke up. 

I was shaken awake by Seb and he told me the bad news that my Dad was shot in the lungs and shoulder. He also has severe brain damage because when he fell he hit his head hard on a metal pole. I went in to see him and he looked so different. He usually was full of life and happy, but he looked cold and depressed. Seb had to leave for a meeting so he would be back soon, and mom had to go home and be alone for a while. I just sat there and looked at him. I would have given up anything just to hug him one last time, or to hear him say I'm proud of you, or even to hear him sing one last time. 

I hear someone walk in and I see Lin standing in the doorway. Lin was like a second dad to me. I had known him forever, and I knew I could always trust and count on him. "Hey Donna," he says. "Hi Lin," I stifle between tears. "Your dad is an awesome guy," he says. "Yeah, he is," I say small. "He's a true fighter he will get through this. I've known him for years and he still is like a little kid to me," Lin says and I grin slightly. We talk about him for a while and it makes me feel better. He gets up to leave but turns around to say one last thing. "Also, Seb really loves you. This is the happiest he's been ever," and he walks out of the door. 

About 30 minutes later Seb and Mom walk in the door. "Hey," I tell them both. Mom forces a small smile while Seb kisses me in the forehead. After they get here I break down in tears. I sob into Seb's shoulder but a few seconds later we hear movement from the bed and see dad's eyes open. "Donna, don't cry," he says quietly. He then grabs mom's hand and starts talking to her. "Z, I love you so much. If I'm gone I want you to be happy and don't worry about me. I will never stop loving you," he tells her. He then turns to Seb and says, "Sebastian, I am so proud of you and you better be so good do Donna." He then turns to me last. "Donna, I love you so much and I never want you to stop doing what you love. I am so damn proud of you and I love you so so much," he says his voice becoming weaker and weaker. He then grabs both mine and my mom's hands and says, "I love you both so much. Never forget that. Find happiness in life and don't worry about me. I love you." he says before falling limp right before our eyes. 

Word Count- 603